Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

So far, I thought his link and hold up play has been fine.  But I thought he was really sloppy yesterday.  His passing and first touch were a bit off and keeping hold of the ball with his back to goal was a bit of a problem.  But it doesn't really matter when every time he has a chance, you think he'll score and the opposition's back four is always shit scared of him getting in behind. 

Whilst Mitro is better as a lone forward in lots of areas.  I doubt we would have had the same threat going forward, or had their back 4 sitting deep, if he was starting. 

On the basis that Diame and Perez aren't exactly making the place their own, I'd say why not chuck Mitro in. He can hold up the ball, lay it off, flick it on. Could be a good kingpin for the likes of Ritchie/Atsu/Gayle to bomb forward beyond.

Doesn't have to be 4-4-2, just get him playing behind Gayle.

:dontknow:

On the basis that Diame and Perez aren't exactly making the place their own, I'd say why not chuck Mitro in. He can hold up the ball, lay it off, flick it on. Could be a good kingpin for the likes of Ritchie/Atsu/Gayle to bomb forward beyond.

Doesn't have to be 4-4-2, just get him playing behind Gayle.

:dontknow:

Whilst I agree, we're playing one of them in alternate fixtures and still winning games so I don't think it necessarily needs changing. Therefore we have the ability to rest one whilst the other plays and ensure they don't burn out or get injured.

In the event we're chasing the game and need a goal or two (such as Norwich at home), we can bring the other one on to go two up front which gives us another option.

I'd love to play them both every week, but it's a long season and we seem to be doing more than okay with only one of them.

Anybody know what was with the non-celebration for the second goal?

strolling? taking the p*ss?

Just seemed a peculiar reaction, along with the first. Had the Leeds lot been giving him stick?

I had assumed it was because their fans had been giving him stick about the birthday night punch up. It was even funnier because the way he was taking the piss would have made them want to smash his teeth in even more. :lol:

could be sold come January along with a few others providing we are guaranteed promotion

That's the strangest post I've read in a long while, why would we sell him unless someone came in with a 30 million bid or something and no one is going to do that ?

Highly doubt we'll do that. Plus, Gayle's goal record for Palace was very good considering he was never given a run in the side, played out wide and as a sub a lot by their braindead procession of managers.