Matt Ritchie: Released (Official)

Fenham Mag

He's totally the wrong style of player for this team. He needs to be in a team that bosses the ball and wants posession like Bournemouth. The fact we persist with him over wingers totally more suited to counter attacking football is annoying.

Guest firetotheworks

He just looks absolutely knackered. He needs to be dropped for his good and our good. Hopefully he can come back fresh in a few games time.

I hate the way he slows down every single attack. The opposition have time for a cuppa and a biscuit before they stroll back into position and our attack comes to nowt.

Needs dropping for Murphy asap.

Yep. Gets the ball, looks around, has several options, instead decides to slow down and do nothing but pass it to the nearest team mate. Every time.

His set pieces were shit today as well.

Guest neesy111

Hasn't really created anything since that west brom match.

Did he not create Perez chance today?

I didn't see that one.  I was talking in terms of assists, started off the season well with them but I don't remember one since the west brom game.

Guest Howaythetoon

I hate the way he slows down every single attack. The opposition have time for a cuppa and a biscuit before they stroll back into position and our attack comes to nowt.

Needs dropping for Murphy asap.

I do too, but I watched that side closely today and it doesn’t help when he’s on the ball and his full-back is miles away or doesn’t bomb on past him and that the front players are often further away from him than he is closer to them. It’s a definite feature of how we play which is becoming quite systematic, static and very very boring at home. Away from home I don’t mind. At home,play with a bit more freedom and expansion man.

I'm happy everyone seems to agree that he offers nothing to the side other than being an angry little scottsman, his set pieces today were dreadful and for a long time now it seems like we have no threat whatsoever going forward from him side, time for him to be dropped.