Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

Champship quality winger at his age right now. He should have been shipped a while ago, he served his purpose already here.

Criminal that he's starting for us in general never mind defensively, which is just abhorrent. 

Edited by Amir_9

19 touches, six out of nine passes completed, zero successful crosses from two attempted, zero tackles attempted, dribbled past three times and lost all five of his duels. That's even before you discuss the second goal. Shitcan him as soon as possible please. 

Edited by The Prophet

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

19 touches, completed six out of nine passes, zero successful crosses from two attempted, zero tackles attempted, dribbled past three times and lost all five of his duels. That's even before you discuss the second goal. Shitcan him as soon as possible please. 

He should have been fucked off ar least two years ago. He’s a total liability (whichever position he’s asked to play) at this level. 

Watching Everton vs Liverpool a couple of nights ago it amazes me the quality of the corners taken by TAA and Robertson. Always whipped it at the right height with plenty of pace on. Compre that with Ritchies and Shelveys, half the time they fail to beat the first man and the other half they are floated aimlessly past the back post to no-one.....

Seen an interesting stat on SSN yesterday, Ritchie is in the the top 5 or 6 players in the whole league for creating chances. Surprised me that, although I don't rate him whatsoever. Clearly a big presence around the other players too. 

• 5 months later...

following the comments in the arsenal match thread, this guy i feel has beeen underappreciated.

cheers matt, you radgie bastard.

hope u get a decent club for next season.

• 2 months later...

"Matty's own personal situation … he will have his own thoughts,” said Howe. “Mine’s to try and keep him, but it's well documented that Matty has been a way from his family for a long period of time. He loves playing for Newcastle – and is very passionate about the club – but, I think, it’s unclear what direction we’ll take this year. But, from both sides, there’s a lot of respect."

3 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

"Matty's own personal situation … he will have his own thoughts,” said Howe. “Mine’s to try and keep him, but it's well documented that Matty has been a way from his family for a long period of time. He loves playing for Newcastle – and is very passionate about the club – but, I think, it’s unclear what direction we’ll take this year. But, from both sides, there’s a lot of respect."

Why has he been away from his family for a long time ? Purely his/their choice and its easy to make an argument that there is no reason for it.

He's wasted here at the moment, he needs that move to a championship club closer to his family. Would probably take a hefty paycut of course but he'd be a good servant to any club he joins

He's being linked to Bournemouth again by Cronin for NewcastleWorld: "And NewcastleWorld understands newly-promoted side Bournemouth are weighing up a move for the player, as he looks to secure a move closer to his family, after six years on Tyneside."

I don’t understand why it’s only now under Howe that both him and Wilson are seeing their families living on the South Coast as a problem. It must have always been and I don’t see why either player or even the club allowed for it.

9 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I don’t understand why it’s only now under Howe that both him and Wilson are seeing their families living on the South Coast as a problem. It must have always been and I don’t see why either player or even the club allowed for it.

How can the club decide where a players family live? 

With the need for a new stadium and players seemingly not moving their families, I wonder if we should be looking at building the stadium in the Midlands or further south

17 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Has there been comments about Wilson too?

I'll never understand why the topic of players/player families being hesitant to move to Newcastle is so often brought up. Newcastle is class, and shits all over every other place in the UK I've ever visited (Granted, that could in part be due to the places I've been to - Aberdeen, Peterhead, Hartlepool, Great Yarmouth, Stoke, Manchester, London and Newcastle).

10 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Has there been comments about Wilson too?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10855983/Callum-Wilson-giving-700-MILE-trips-family-bid-make-Englands-World-Cup-squad.html

Edited by Conjo

7 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I'll never understand why the topic of players/player families being hesitant to move to Newcastle is so often brought up. Newcastle is class, and shits all over every other place in the UK I've ever visited (Granted, that could in part be due to the places I've been to - Aberdeen, Peterhead, Hartlepool, Great Yarmouth, Stoke, Manchester, London and Newcastle).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10855983/Callum-Wilson-giving-700-MILE-trips-family-bid-make-Englands-World-Cup-squad.html

I'd imagine pretty much every city in the UK is class if you're in the top 2% of earners.

8 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I mentioned that I had no idea why he would do that travelling when there's no need.