Isaac Hayden

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

They had a conditional obligation if I recall correctly. Unless we've had their pants down like we did Forest, it seems unlikely.

My recollection is it was an obligation should they be promoted. Seemed like a clever deal at the time...

6 minutes ago, 80 said:

My recollection is it was an obligation should they be promoted. Seemed like a clever deal at the time...

They're still in with a shout of the playoffs. :dontknow: We can but dream.

Would love to know what the agreed price was even if it doesn't happen.

13 minutes ago, wormy said:

They're still in with a shout of the playoffs. :dontknow: We can but dream.

Would love to know what the agreed price was even if it doesn't happen.

Been a rough season by their standards though.

Might be making this up but £3m sticks in my mind.

30 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Give him for free and we'll take Krul back. See if they fancy Darlow for a few million.

From what I've heard about his injuries this season, I'm not sure they'd have him on a free!

• 2 months later...

Respectfully, no. 

There was a time I thought we'd make a healthy profit on him, but he's simply not cut out for a team above 15th. He's a good athlete that can keep it somewhat simple, but overall he's a touch too injury prone and doesn't really fit into a specific role at the top level. He's Jeff Hendrick with a better engine. 

19 minutes ago, Beth said:

Any future for him then? Limited but always put a shift in. Under contract till 2026 so would be almost impossible to move on.

2026? That's crazy. Is it even possible to keep loaning him out for that long? How much salary is he eating?

Was pure class under Rafa. Versatile on the pitch filling in at RB and CB as well as DM. Sadly seemed to regress to broken and unfixable under Bruce. If Howe didn't want to keep him before then he must be too far gone. Can't see Eddie changing his mind. Real shame as he only just turned 28 a few months back, should be in his prime. 

Important to remember his positive contribution in the Rafa years and even when he was Bruced he always gave his all despite personal issues off the pitch.

Anyone advocating a return to the squad now, however, needs to take off the rose tinted bins. His passing was always absolutely chronic and we need someone of far better quality in there these days. 

He'd be fine for a championship team if he had a better injury record. We'd probably have gotten a decent fee a few years back, but his constant breakdowns and relatively high wages makes him a liability now. Nothing to do with his ability. While he is never going to pull up any trees, he could definitely do a good job at that level if he was 100% fit for most of the season.

Mike Ashley handing out 6 year contracts to championship level players and signing the likes of Castore and Fun 88 onto long term deals, when he knew the club would likely be sold, is ridiculous. He probably did it on purpose. 

6 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

Mike Ashley handing out 6 year contracts to championship level players and signing the likes of Castore and Fun 88 onto long term deals, when he knew the club would likely be sold, is ridiculous. He probably did it on purpose. 

He definitely did, it was his last fuck you to us. Luckily he’s such a greedy fat twat he couldn’t resist the Saudi’s offer. 

• 1 month later...