Isaac Hayden

Went to uni with a lad from Norwich who supported us as a bairn before realising he should support his hometown team. He always pointed out the amount of linked players between the two clubs. It's another one for the list.

Off the top of my head: Fox, Huckerby, Bellamy, Pattison, Sibierski, Bassong and Jonas. Then you've got Roeder, Clark and Hughton who were involved in management of both and butter boy - who played for them and managed us.

EDIT: Jamal Lewis anarl.

Edited by WarrenBartonCentrePartin

10 minutes ago, Rich said:

"The Canaries will have an obligation to make the deal permanent should specific performance-related criteria be met throughout the 2022/23 season."

Presumably appearances and/or promotion? Sure the details will be made public at some point 

Good solution overall. He did well for us on occasion, only very poor a handful of times.

Unhappy under Rafa, delighted under Bruce, it occurred to me that he wasn’t too committed to maintaining high levels or improving and I guess that’s what Eddie Howe saw as well.

Good to see Ashworth clearing the decks straight away.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Doctor Zaius said:

there were shouts for him to join the England squad.

Had away and shite man [emoji38]

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Nah, he was a nothing player, can’t believe he was here for so long, well I can because of Ashley, how he made it a PL player is beyond me. Offered fuck all, constantly falling to the ground, out of breath, always inured and horrid Ill timed ‘tackles’ to make up for him being shite at pressing. Thankfully we will never see dross like him again for a while.

I disagree with all of that, defensively he has always been solid as a rock, especially under Rafa, his biggest weakness was his passing ability, which admittedly was dross, but as a DM he was more then fine, and for a while he was easily our best midfielder (not that its saying much). He was one of the key players for getting us promoted, and keeping us in the league, has served the club with respect and treated it as such, always worked his hardest, so hopefully goes on to have a decent career (As with everyone else from the school of Rafa).

15 minutes ago, Rich said:

"The Canaries will have an obligation to make the deal permanent should specific performance-related criteria be met throughout the 2022/23 season."

Has to do at least two sitty-down stoppages for an injury per game on average to trigger the permanent.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, 54 said:

I disagree with all of that, defensively he has always been solid as a rock, especially under Rafa, his biggest weakness was his passing ability, which admittedly was dross, but as a DM he was more then fine, and for a while he was easily our best midfielder (not that its saying much). He was one of the key players for getting us promoted, and keeping us in the league, has served the club with respect and treated it as such, always worked his hardest, so hopefully goes on to have a decent career (As with everyone else from the school of Rafa).

He was awful man, on and off the ball. Nice lad granted, but fuck sentiments, he was piss poor outside of the Championship which is his level. When FIT that is…

There are few of the squad I hate so don't think I could lay into them.

They're probably resented now as they are what we are stuck with from Ashley's regime. Hayden himself was convinced to stay despite wanting away I'm sure [emoji38]

Thanks for your efforts Isaac, it's unfortunate you were here too long pretty much, for both parties.

Would prefer this to have been a permanent deal tbh. He's only 27 so we should have been able to push for that. Still, you would imagine he'll play enough games to trigger the clause, so should be done eventually. He's more than good enough for that level.