Isaac Hayden

5 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Think there was a tweet that stated this. No official confirmation. Think the club would post a send off for him if it had happened?

Ah, you might be right then mate.

I can't see anything official either now you say it and I'm sure you'd have been on it if there was, PauloRomanoGeordio :lol:

49 minutes ago, Abacus said:

His contract has been paid up, hasn't it? I.e. no more years.

If this is the case, I’d be surprised if we have breached psr. Why would we make our position worse by writing off a further 2 years of his contract, costing somewhere in the region of £5m, potentially triggering (increased) point deductions.

if we could afford to write it off, we are possibly just within the limits and maybe we aren’t as desperate to sell as the media darlings would have you believe.

2 minutes ago, Pablo said:

If this is the case, I’d be surprised if we have breached psr. Why would we make our position worse by writing off a further 2 years of his contract, costing somewhere in the region of £5m, potentially triggering (increased) point deductions.

if we could afford to write it off, we are possibly just within the limits and maybe we aren’t as desperate to sell as the media darlings would have you believe.

Not just the media darlings with Minteh, I think they’re saying his camp has confirmed it.

52 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Not just the media darlings with Minteh, I think they’re saying his camp has confirmed it.

Didn’t they say they agreed personal terms and it was up to us now. That doesn’t necessarily mean we’re trying to hawk him for psr reasons, could be another club saw his performances and fancy him and we’ve told him he’s not in our immediate plans for a starting role?

2 hours ago, SAK said:

Didn’t they say they agreed personal terms and it was up to us now. That doesn’t necessarily mean we’re trying to hawk him for psr reasons, could be another club saw his performances and fancy him and we’ve told him he’s not in our immediate plans for a starting role?

Minteh article

don’t know but this article states that his agent said to the chronicle “it is correct that Newcastle are willing to sell if they receive the correct offer”

15 hours ago, Pablo said:

Unless we are waiting to pay him off on 1st July when the new PSR period starts?

20 hours ago, JigsawGoesToPieces said:

Unless we are waiting to pay him off on 1st July when the new PSR period starts?

I was thinking the same. Would make a lot of sense. He's been told he can look for a new club and we wait till 1 July to do the paperwork to shift circa £5m into the next PSR year.

Would make no sense to send the first team to the other side of the world within hours of the season ending for £2.5m and the then bin double that this PSR year when we don't need to.

2 minutes ago, James said:

Regardless of accounting surely it is better for FFP if a Championship club is paying a bit of the wage. Even just 10k per week is half a million.

I've thought that too, but there we are.

4 minutes ago, James said:

Regardless of accounting surely it is better for FFP if a Championship club is paying a bit of the wage. Even just 10k per week is half a million.

If we have agreed to pay him off its probably less than 100%. Then he would be free to get a signing bonus / stability etc other places if he fancies himself to get a contract

25 minutes ago, BergenMagpie said:

If we have agreed to pay him off its probably less than 100%. Then he would be free to get a signing bonus / stability etc other places if he fancies himself to get a contract

We would have had to offer a payoff that is less than we would have had to pay him if he went on loan if it is to maximise our accounting position. Whether he would accept that depends on whether he is getting another good contract offer.