Ciaran Clark (now a free agent)

Foluwashola

Guest Howaythetoon

I can't say I've ever noticed the player myself, but what we must always appreciate under Rafa is that he, his methods and fellow coaches actually improve players' games. We have seen this already at Newcastle. And if a player doesn't cut the grade, they often get peddled.

I was told by a Liverpool supporter mate of mine one he signed on full-time that Rafa will sign and play players that just doesn't feel or seem right, players that will baffle supporters. But those players will not look out of place or rather they will do a job under Rafa's remit and what he aims to achieve.

Basically in Rafa we trust.

Looking at his time at Liverpool it seemed his side contained some fairly average players compared to the opposition, but look at the results?

For the first time since Sir Bobby we have a manager who identifies players based on what is needed for the team and we also have a coach or manager who is highly skilled in improving players' games. I'm actually looking forward to seeing for example how someone utterly mundane and average like Dumett progresses!

Guest Howaythetoon

Pretty sure Carragher was guff before Rafa got his dirty mits on him

He become a top-class CB under Rafa, one of the best in the league. Gerrard improved massively as well. He was moved to the right and become unplayable. Torres developed into a world class striker. Crouch become a very good player as well.

Liverpool were so tough to beat and in Europe they could go to Barcelona away and win.

Rafa's Valencia were superb to watch btw, they gave Liverpool a football lesson once and that was one of the reasons they hired him. Ayala was immense under Rafa for example.

He's an amazing coach as much as he is an amazing manager, its very rare to find someone who is good at both. I'll go on record now and say he is the best all-round manager we have had, including KK and Sir Bobby!

I can't say I've ever noticed the player myself, but what we must always appreciate under Rafa is that he, his methods and fellow coaches actually improve players' games. We have seen this already at Newcastle. And if a player doesn't cut the grade, they often get peddled.

I was told by a Liverpool supporter mate of mine one he signed on full-time that Rafa will sign and play players that just doesn't feel or seem right, players that will baffle supporters. But those players will not look out of place or rather they will do a job under Rafa's remit and what he aims to achieve.

Basically in Rafa we trust.

Looking at his time at Liverpool it seemed his side contained some fairly average players compared to the opposition, but look at the results?

For the first time since Sir Bobby we have a manager who identifies players based on what is needed for the team and we also have a coach or manager who is highly skilled in improving players' games. I'm actually looking forward to seeing for example how someone utterly mundane and average like Dumett progresses!

:thup:

Got to say, every time we make a signing like Hanley or Diame, the first thing that goes through my mind is "how does this guy fit into Rafa's plans?" because you just know that in a Benitez team the whole is going to be greater than the parts.

from reading the villa thread it seems that he's shite, but less shite than some of their other defenders so if we can sign a 4th choice CB and weaken one of our supposed rivals for next season I guess its good business.

Read the article now - his editor must have absolutely kicked his arse. But still, his journalism is fucking atrocious.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/latest-aston-villas-ciaran-clark-11694083

From this:

The northern club famed for its own players scrapping on the pitch, prima donnas, failed big money signings and a wildly uneven wage structure.

To this:

The north east giants will know the value of having a good moral among the squad.

:lol:

Rafa signed plenty of shite for Liverpool who ended up still being shite, let's not kid ourselves that he has the ability to polish a turd.

If Clark's here as cover, and he's a good character, he can't be any worse than Taylor.

Pretty sure Carragher was guff before Rafa got his dirty mits on him

He become a top-class CB under Rafa, one of the best in the league. Gerrard improved massively as well. He was moved to the right and become unplayable. Torres developed into a world class striker. Crouch become a very good player as well.

Liverpool were so tough to beat and in Europe they could go to Barcelona away and win.

Rafa's Valencia were superb to watch btw, they gave Liverpool a football lesson once and that was one of the reasons they hired him. Ayala was immense under Rafa for example.

He's an amazing coach as much as he is an amazing manager, its very rare to find someone who is good at both. I'll go on record now and say he is the best all-round manager we have had, including KK and Sir Bobby!

Don't agree he's better than Sir Bob, any man that can almost win the league and deliver Champions League football with a defence of Aaron Hughes, Andy O'Brien, Titus Bramble and Andy Griffin is beyond comparison. Best ever.