Ciaran Clark (now a free agent)

Foluwashola

He might have been poor in the past, but so was our entire defence before Rafa came in. He wanted him, and with his coaching, I believe he'll come good. And also nice hearing from Rafa himself that Clark can play in different positions, we'll need that.

He might have been poor in the past, but so was our entire defence before Rafa came in. He wanted him, and with his coaching, I believe he'll come good. And also nice hearing from Rafa himself that Clark can play in different positions, we'll need that.

Good point. Look at Lascelles' cameo at Everton for proof. Now he's being lauded

Good point. Look at Lascelles' cameo at Everton for proof. Now he's being lauded

He had not played the 50-100 PL games Clarke has either. 

Another body in as backup for our CB's. Not expecting much really, but i'm prepared to give him a chance at least :thup: Some players just change for the better from nowhere. Time will tell.

He had not played the 50-100 PL games Clarke has either. 

Guest reefatoon

Let's give the fucker a bit of a chance before calling him a shit signing eh? Hate having players completely written off before they have even had a chance to play. Remember Townsend getting the same treatment, yet he wasn't bad was he.  This fucking place at times.

Let's give the f***er a bit of a chance before calling him a s*** signing eh? Hate having players completely written off before they have even had a chance to play. Remember Townsend getting the same treatment, yet he wasn't bad was he.  This f***ing place at times.

Completely agreed, it's not like we've signed the equivalent of Steven Taylor.

Let's give the f***er a bit of a chance before calling him a s*** signing eh? Hate having players completely written off before they have even had a chance to play. Remember Townsend getting the same treatment, yet he wasn't bad was he.  This f***ing place at times.

No one's writing him off. Merely stating the obvious that he was garbage at Villa. Here's hoping he'll improve in a better set up.

Guest Howaythetoon

Rafa signed plenty of s**** for Liverpool who ended up still being s****, let's not kid ourselves that he has the ability to polish a turd.

If Clark's here as cover, and he's a good character, he can't be any worse than Taylor.

He did, but in general everyone or most improved and that's what he's capable of doing. In Rafa we have someone who can improve a player's game by way of coaching, talking, education etc. rather than other methods like confidence tricks, bigging up in the press etc.

One of those where I'll just trust that Rafa knows what he's doing.

With good coaching I'm sure he's got a decent chance to be a semi competent defender in the Premiership. More importantly he's a versatile player who can play left back or CM if needed.

Good player to have on the bench, which I'm sure is what his role will be when everyone's fit.

Guest Howaythetoon

Pretty sure Carragher was guff before Rafa got his dirty mits on him

He become a top-class CB under Rafa, one of the best in the league. Gerrard improved massively as well. He was moved to the right and become unplayable. Torres developed into a world class striker. Crouch become a very good player as well.

Liverpool were so tough to beat and in Europe they could go to Barcelona away and win.

Rafa's Valencia were superb to watch btw, they gave Liverpool a football lesson once and that was one of the reasons they hired him. Ayala was immense under Rafa for example.

He's an amazing coach as much as he is an amazing manager, its very rare to find someone who is good at both. I'll go on record now and say he is the best all-round manager we have had, including KK and Sir Bobby!

Don't agree he's better than Sir Bob, any man that can almost win the league and deliver Champions League football with a defence of Aaron Hughes, Andy O'Brien, Titus Bramble and Andy Griffin is beyond comparison. Best ever.

I would have KK and Sir Bobby here ahead of him any day of the week, but in terms of all-round football management, he is the better manager than both. Tactically he is up there with the very best for a start. He's even up there with KK in remoulding a club. Rafa is doing it under Ashley. KK done it under SJH. Everyone knows I idolise KK so I'm not putting him down here. Rafa is special, however. He's made from the same stuff basically.