Ciaran Clark (now a free agent)

Foluwashola

Pretty sure Carragher was guff before Rafa got his dirty mits on him

He become a top-class CB under Rafa, one of the best in the league. Gerrard improved massively as well. He was moved to the right and become unplayable. Torres developed into a world class striker. Crouch become a very good player as well.

Liverpool were so tough to beat and in Europe they could go to Barcelona away and win.

Rafa's Valencia were superb to watch btw, they gave Liverpool a football lesson once and that was one of the reasons they hired him. Ayala was immense under Rafa for example.

He's an amazing coach as much as he is an amazing manager, its very rare to find someone who is good at both. I'll go on record now and say he is the best all-round manager we have had, including KK and Sir Bobby!

Don't agree he's better than Sir Bob, any man that can almost win the league and deliver Champions League football with a defence of Aaron Hughes, Andy O'Brien, Titus Bramble and Andy Griffin is beyond comparison. Best ever.

Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that was never our defence at any point in any season we qualified for the CL or almost won the league, like. :lol:

Irrelevant anyway. We had a top class attack, midfield and a good goalkeeper at that point. Bobby did a smashing job but he's not in the same league as Rafa.

I would have KK and Sir Bobby here ahead of him any day of the week, but in terms of all-round football management, he is the better manager than both. Tactically he is up there with the very best for a start. He's even up there with KK in remoulding a club. Rafa is doing it under Ashley. KK done it under SJH. Everyone knows I idolise KK so I'm not putting him down here. Rafa is special, however. He's made from the same stuff basically.

http://i1.chroniclelive.co.uk/incoming/article11319719.ece/ALTERNATES/s615d/CD10392700.jpg

I would have KK and Sir Bobby here ahead of him any day of the week, but in terms of all-round football management, he is the better manager than both. Tactically he is up there with the very best for a start. He's even up there with KK in remoulding a club. Rafa is doing it under Ashley. KK done it under SJH. Everyone knows I idolise KK so I'm not putting him down here. Rafa is special, however. He's made from the same stuff basically.

http://i1.chroniclelive.co.uk/incoming/article11319719.ece/ALTERNATES/s615d/CD10392700.jpg

Rafa really needs a tailor for his suits, like.

Guest Howaythetoon

He become a top-class CB under Rafa, one of the best in the league. Gerrard improved massively as well. He was moved to the right and become unplayable. Torres developed into a world class striker. Crouch become a very good player as well.

Liverpool were so tough to beat and in Europe they could go to Barcelona away and win.

Rafa's Valencia were superb to watch btw, they gave Liverpool a football lesson once and that was one of the reasons they hired him. Ayala was immense under Rafa for example.

He's an amazing coach as much as he is an amazing manager, its very rare to find someone who is good at both. I'll go on record now and say he is the best all-round manager we have had, including KK and Sir Bobby!

Don't agree he's better than Sir Bob, any man that can almost win the league and deliver Champions League football with a defence of Aaron Hughes, Andy O'Brien, Titus Bramble and Andy Griffin is beyond comparison. Best ever.

Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that was never our defence at any point in any season we qualified for the CL, like. :lol:

Irrelevant anyway. We had a top class attack, midfield and a good goalkeeper at that point. Bobby did a smashing job but he's not in the same league as Rafa.

I love Bobby, but I have to agree.

Sir Bobby's style I much prefer mind.

Think he'll be much more involved than people here seem to think

Of course he will but in terms of CBs when push comes to shove I think the pairing will be Lascelles and Mbemba, but he'll play his fair share because of his apparent versatility, injuries, and the amount of games we'll play etc.

Settle lads, see how he does with us before declaring him a league above Bobby. Anything non-NUFC is an absolute irrelevance.

This is a totally different NUFC in a totally different brand of English football (even discounting the relegation), so the direct comparison doesn't really get out of the gate. You can only really look at what they've won and achieved and Rafa dwarfs Bobby whichever way you look at it. I do say that with an enormous amount of respect and appreciation for the latter.

Settle lads, see how he does with us before declaring him a league above Bobby. Anything non-NUFC is an absolute irrelevance.

This is a totally different NUFC in a totally different brand of English football, so the direct comparison doesn't really get out of the gate. You can only really look at what they've won and achieved and Rafa dwarfs Bobby whichever way you look at it. I do say that with an enormous amount of respect and appreciation for the latter.

Bar the Champions League they're not too dissimilar honours wise, with Bobby dominating Europe with the footballing powerhouse Ipswich Town. Not to mention what Bobby did with us and England.

It's brilliant that both men have been associated with our club :aww:

This is a totally different NUFC in a totally different brand of English football, so the direct comparison doesn't really get out of the gate. You can only really look at what they've won and achieved and Rafa dwarfs Bobby whichever way you look at it. I do say that with an enormous amount of respect and appreciation for the latter.

Bar the Champions League they're not too dissimilar honours wise, with Bobby dominating Europe with the footballing powerhouse Ipswich Town. Not to mention what Bobby did with us and England.

It's brilliant that both men have been associated with our club :aww:

Absolutely. Makes me proud. Not a feeling I have had a lot of re NUFC in the Ashley era.

Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that was never our defence at any point in any season we qualified for the CL or almost won the league, like. :lol:

His point still stands given fucking Nikos Dabizas played with O'Brien most of that season. Robson got too focussed on the young talents when we were crying out for an experienced centre back....we signed Bramble.

I hope Rafa know what he is doing and I trust him.

But have gone trough the hole thread about him on villatalk, and looks like close to everyone think he is shit and glad that he leaves.

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/4140-ciaran-clark/?page=230

Happens at every club when they lose a player though, hes suddenly the worst player ever, pretty much the "hes shit anyway" attitude.

He might very well be shite and loads have said he is but as long as he does a job as a squad player I'll be happy, hopefully Rafa can work with him and improve him too.

But have gone trough the hole thread about him on villatalk, and looks like close to everyone think he is s*** and glad that he leaves.

Happens at every club when they lose a player though, hes suddenly the worst player ever, pretty much the "hes s*** anyway" attitude.

He might very well be s**** and loads have said he is but as long as he does a job as a squad player I'll be happy, hopefully Rafa can work with him and improve him too.

If you read back for months and years he was still s***, way before we came into the picture.

But Yea, if he is intended to be an 4th pick, its prolly ok.

But have gone trough the hole thread about him on villatalk, and looks like close to everyone think he is s*** and glad that he leaves.

Nobody cares what those spackas think man, he was signed for depth and versatility, that's it. It's not like he's our only signing and we're pinning all our hopes on him  :lol:

Wasn't overly impressed with him at Villa (but tbf most of the team were terrible) but of course a new player, he'll get my support. We do need cover in different positions, and he can play 3 different places.

Hope Rafa can work with our defence, and bring out the best in them.