Ciaran Clark (now a free agent)

Foluwashola

1 hour ago, Rafalove said:

People need to calm down. He’s absolutely terrible in this set up and level but that’s not really his fault. Calling him a cunt is out of order imo. Just got to hope we bring someone good enough in January

If he was any sort of man, he would own up to being a fucking dogshit player and at least apologize for being braindead for two big moments after Howe has come in. Worst player I have ever seen and should never put on the shirt ever again fuck off out of town with him

EDIT:

He had the fucking nerve to blame Dubs as well after he fucking had a meltdown the shitter.

Edited by worthy
Giving it some more meat.

More or less guaranteeing defeat selecting him, he's that bad. He's shot to bits mentally and physically and needs to drop down a few divisions so he can look competitive again. He's done here and at any other club in the top 2 divisions. 

Just now, Gallowgate Toon said:

At the time, I blamed him. Looking back, I think it's Dubs' fault. 'keeper should be claiming a slow, looping ball in his 6-yard box every fucking day of the week.

When your defender is already in the motion of going for a header, as a keeper you dont fucking go out and clatter your teammate and risk injuring or losing the ball, you let them head it out. This is what you learn at the youngest level of football, its simple shit.

2 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

At the time, I blamed him. Looking back, I think it's Dubs' fault. 'keeper should be claiming a slow, looping ball in his 6-yard box every fucking day of the week.

The pair of them are at fault. Dubravka should be claiming it and/or Clark should be clearing it. Letting the ball bounce in the 6 yard box is beyond pathetic at professional level football. 

Someone pointed this out as well, we're a really quiet team. Lad I know watched all of our BCD games without the crowd noise and our players barely speak to each other especially compared to other PL teams. Communication was massive in that fucking embarrassment of a goal but so was just common fucking sense.

9 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

I agree although a Centre Half should NEVER be ducking like that unless there's a clear call from behind. 
Dubravka probably takes a greater share of the blame. 6 yard box is the goalkeepers domain. Claim it or shout for it to be cleared. 

Edited by Robster

8 minutes ago, worthy said:

If he was any sort of man, he would own up to being a fucking dogshit player and at least apologize for being braindead for two big moments after Howe has come in. Worst player I have ever seen and should never put on the shirt ever again fuck off out of town with him

EDIT:

He had the fucking nerve to blame Dubs as well after he fucking had a meltdown the shitter.

What exactly are you wanting? Him to come out and tell everyone he’s shit and not good enough for this level? It just isn’t going to happen. How is that going to help anything?

Likewise Ritchie. It makes me squirm a bit seeing the pelters he gets when you think back to him being a huge part of us coming up and staying up. The criticism's absolutely fair but it's 99% that he's past it/playing in the wrong position/should have been improved upon ages ago rather than him not putting the graft in.

Edited by kisearch

20 minutes ago, kisearch said:

Likewise Ritchie. It makes me squirm a bit seeing the pelters he gets when you think back to him being a huge part of us coming up and staying up. The criticism's absolutely fair but it's 99% that he's past it/playing in the wrong position/should have been improved upon ages ago rather than him not putting the graft in.

The good servant lark bores me to death. Never going to sell my heart to likes of Clark, Shelvey and Ritchie. Clark was atrocious when he went down with Villa years ago. Decent for us in the Championship, any decent game or period he's had for us in the PL has been a bonus. Baffles me how supporters expect anymore than a 5/10 performance from most of our squad - whatever XI is played, by probability one of two of them are going to cost us at least a goal a game whoever we play.

He was never the type of player that should have been playing for us past 2018 after we'd stayed up, but as supporters we've had to settle for him due to ownership - as supporters we never excepted the ownership, so by extension I'm not accepting Ciaran Clark playing for Newcastle United in 2020, 2021 and going into 2022.

Totally numb to the performances of likes of Clark, Ritchie, Hayden, Shelvey and Lascelles now. Was past giving a shit under Bruce/Ashley, and I've seen nothing to stimulate me under Howe as of yet. Whatever XI Howe is playing against Liverpool/Man City/Man U or even two thirds of the league, he's onto a loser.

If it wasn't Clark today, it would have been Lascelles. If it wasn't Willock/Hayden in midfield it would have been some other donkey. Almiron and Fraser we're shite. Since McLaren/Ashley, Howe is now in a situation of throwing whatever shit he come across to a wall, and it all sticking.

Edited by SchärMix

In a parallel universe nobody would bat an eye at him bottom of the league with Derby or lining up alongside likes of Colback and Grabban at Forest, or even mid-table in League 1 playing for Sheff Wed or Ipswich. 

Just like the Bruce situation, and many players - it's only by the grace of being paid by Newcastle United that they are Premier League players.

Edited by SchärMix

1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

One of the worst aspects of the Ashley regime is decent pros (under Rafa) like Clark end up turning to shit and everyone ends up hating them. It’s really grim. Not saying the criticism of him is wrong, it’s not at all, it’s just a case of him being here far too long. He was bought for the championship and as a rotational CB cover who would fill in a do a job. Which he was very good at a while back. 

Totally. Matt Ritchie is one of the best signings of the last twenty years tbh. Not, like, top three or whatever, but right up there with some of the best value-for-money signings we've made in my memory. It's a pity he won't go down as that. 

I don't 'feel sorry' for them, like. Like so many in the Ashley era, they've been elevated to (or, in their case, remained in) a position that they wouldn't be anywhere near were it for anything other than Ashleyism. They don't have it bad, I just agree that they don't deserve the pelters they get when really their contribution to this club was an extremely positive one... until it wasn't. 

2 hours ago, ManDoon said:

One of the worst aspects of the Ashley regime is decent pros (under Rafa) like Clark end up turning to shit and everyone ends up hating them. It’s really grim. Not saying the criticism of him is wrong, it’s not at all, it’s just a case of him being here far too long. He was bought for the championship and as a rotational CB cover who would fill in a do a job. Which he was very good at a while back. 

Would agree if they’re too shit on the ball/nee pace/can’t run any more/can’t finish/whatever but when you’re just being a lazy bottle job on the regular…nah.

Obviously he and many others should’ve been fucked off years ago disclaimer.

10 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Clark is a decent pro and a good servant of the club, but like many of our players he's simply not good enough for this level, we bought him in the championship to help us get promoted and he did, but he should've been gone a long time ago

Stop dragging the bar so fucking low for that adulation.  

6 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Totally. Matt Ritchie is one of the best signings of the last twenty years tbh. Not, like, top three or whatever, but right up there with some of the best value-for-money signings we've made in my memory. It's a pity he won't go down as that. 

I don't 'feel sorry' for them, like. Like so many in the Ashley era, they've been elevated to (or, in their case, remained in) a position that they wouldn't be anywhere near were it for anything other than Ashleyism. They don't have it bad, I just agree that they don't deserve the pelters they get when really their contribution to this club was an extremely positive one... until it wasn't. 

Disagree massively.  Didn’t he cost £15m or something? Twenty years is a hell of a long way to go back and you’re including all of Graham Carr’s decent buys and fortunate that you’re just excluding Bellamy and Robert.

Edited by Sima

7 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Matt Ritchie is one of the best signings of the last twenty years tbh. Not, like, top three or whatever, but right up there with some of the best value-for-money signings we've made in my memory.

:dowie: Is this a joke?

3 minutes ago, kisearch said:

You might snigger but he was the player that dragged us back up at the end of 16/17. Scoring massively important goals and putting in MOTM performances. Same goes to a lesser extent in 17/18 and us staying up. 

He cost £10.8m. Best value for money signings???

Same transfer window and fee as Lanzini at West Ham btw. Which would you prefer?

Edited by Shearergol