Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

3 wins would put us within a respectable distance of the lads who truly p*ssed it in 09/10.

I think it's more of "the way we played" and how comfortable we felt.

Or the championship was truly shit back then and we had a far better squad than the rest.

3 wins would put us within a respectable distance of the lads who truly p*ssed it in 09/10.

Or the championship was truly s*** back then and we had a far better squad than the rest.

This time we were just about odds on to win the title, then I got 6 to 1, kind of shows what nuetrals thought of the respective divisions.  Not remember back then playing the likes of QPR , Leicester and Sheff weds and saying the only diffence was we took our chances, not remember chansing from behind to Doncaster ?

Dunno how my last post is being construed, but if we get promoted I think it's a fantastic job by everyone involved - but last time we were the best in the league by an absolute mile and it was unlikely this squad would ever ever match it. A Championship defense with Coloccini and Enrique ffs. :lol:

Or the championship was truly s*** back then and we had a far better squad than the rest.

This time we were just about odds on to win the title, then I got 6 to 1, kind of shows what nuetrals thought of the respective divisions.  Not remember back then playing the likes of QPR , Leicester and Sheff weds and saying the only diffence was we took our chances, not remember chansing from behind to Doncaster ?

Oh yeah I remember getting outplayed quite a few times, but the difference was at the business end of the pitch. We had a premiership defence and ruthless finishers compared to the rest of the division. This time there's a few other teams with those qualities, don't know if that's down to the loan system or better managers knocking around this season but it feels a lot more competitive.

01 Marshall

02 McNaughton

06 Gyepes yellow card

15 Gerrard

07 Whittingham

10 McPhail (Wildig 75)

23 Blake

27 Matthews (Kennedy 46)

08 Chopra

09 Bothroyd (Burke 30)

44 McCormack

Is what came 4th last time, I'd say it's certainly a better standard now.

Yorkie :lol: so cute

:lol:

wot.

I was conscious of my initial post sounding like a dig at the current squad. It wasn't intended like that... it's just that the 09/10 team was loads better and their dominance that year has been an unfair yardstick for the current crop imo. To get anywhere close to 102 points would be a fantastic achievement.

Only needing 3 points from 9 madness, Please don't let it go on past monday ffs

really only 2 points from 9, which sounds even more insane.

And that's assuming Huddersfield win all their remaining games.  They aren't going to do that.

Yorkie :lol: so cute

:lol:

wot.

I was conscious of my initial post sounding like a dig at the current squad. It wasn't intended like that... it's just that the 09/10 team was loads better and their dominance that year has been an unfair yardstick for the current crop imo. To get anywhere close to 102 points would be a fantastic achievement.

Just joking homie. I agree with you. 

Should be a very easy team talk for Rafa tonight.

We've been s**** recently but I think that being at home with a clear-cut motive against a mid-table side should see us do the job.

Don't mean to be critical, Temuri but I am sure Rafa could do a more inspiring job than that...