Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddersfield, like us, have lost to some very ordinary sides, iirc.

Some teams will be wanting to get into the play offs, some teams will be wanting to stay up. Next month they play at least 3 games a week, sometimes they have 3 or 4 games in a week. With their style of play they could easily be very exhausted in a lot of games.

4 games a week??!!

Just double checked. I think there is a point where they play 4 games in just over a week. They do often play 3 games a week, which most teams do, but might be a bit much for them considering how they play games.

huddersfield have a straight forward run in. only really fulham at home looks tricky for them.

Not sure that's strictly true - Norwich under a new manager (other than Pards) could well hit the ground running, Preston away isn't an easy match, Forest under Warburton could have a new manager bounce (and be fighting for their lives), Derby under Rowett could be a pretty good team.  And Cardiff seem a different proposition under Warnock.  And Fulham as you mentioned.

huddersfield have a straight forward run in. only really fulham at home looks tricky for them.

Not sure that's strictly true - Norwich under a new manager (other than Pards) could well hit the ground running, Preston away isn't an easy match, Forest under Warburton could have a new manager bounce (and be fighting for their lives), Derby under Rowett could be a pretty good team.  And Cardiff seem a different proposition under Warnock.  And Fulham as you mentioned.

Bristol City dropped into the relegation zone tonight, which means there game against them on Friday might be more tricky. For what it's worth I think every time Blackburn Rovers (who moved out of the relegation zone) have got out of the relegation zone this season, they have been sent back into in the next round of fixtures.

Guest neesy111

Of course the year we are back in the championship it ends up being the most competitive at the top in what seems like a dozen years. Ffs :lol:

Last season was just as competitive.  Burnley only won promotion with 1/2 games to spare and Brighton vs Boro went head to head for the last automatic position.

Of course the year we are back in the championship it ends up being the most competitive at the top in what seems like a dozen years. Ffs :lol:

Last season was just as competitive.  Burnley only won promotion with 1/2 games to spare and Brighton vs Boro went head to head for the last automatic position.

Last year 2nd finished on 89 points though, if that happens this year we're 100% up.

Guest neesy111

Last year 2nd finished on 89 points though, if that happens this year we're 100% up.

It'll be higher than that, all the teams are on more points than this stage last season.

It'll be higher than that, all the teams are on more points than this stage last season.

Which just goes to show that even if there are some poor teams in the championship, the few who are battling it out at the top are stronger than they've ever been. Just got to look at how Norwich and Villa have struggled this season to put things in perspective.

Last year was competitive in that it was close, but the points tally was low. I expect all 3 of us to top Burnley's 93 points.

I've said it before and I'll stick by it 3 teams won't get over 90 points if we hit 90 we are promoted

My feelings at the moment are thus; if Brighton and Huddersfield can up this pace we're in the playoffs because imo we need them to both to slip up again soon, or at least one of them badly.

We've played well against both of them but outside of that we've been poor for some time, not even going into how bad we are at home.

Rafa is the man but I don't think the shower of shit he's working with are going to 'win it' from here, it'll take one of the other two to drop their pace.

My feelings at the moment are thus; if Brighton and Huddersfield can up this pace we're in the playoffs because imo we need them to both to slip up again soon, or at least one of them badly.

We've played well against both of them but outside of that we've been poor for some time, not even going into how bad we are at home.

Rafa is the man but I don't think the shower of s*** he's working with are going to 'win it' from here, it'll take one of the other two to drop their pace.

Hyperbole.

We've lost once in the last 12 games league games.

We would have to go on an abysmal run, not seen this season so far, for that to happen.

Rafa is the man but I don't think the shower of s*** he's working with are going to 'win it' from here, it'll take one of the other two to drop their pace.

Hyperbole.

We've lost once in the last 12 games league games.

We would have to go on an abysmal run, not seen this season so far, for that to happen.

It's not hyperbole at all. We beat both of them in 4 days and are still within touching distance.

They're keeping an amazing pace with us, my feeling is our home form will end up costing us if they can keep it up. It's not that outlandish.

Out of the games left after Saturday

Wigan (h)

Burton (h)

Sheff Wed (a)

Leeds (h)

Ipswich (a)

Preston (h)

Cardiff (a)

Barnsley (h)

I just can't see us dropping points apart from maybe Sheff Wed or Leeds - even though we will drop some at some point - but I don't see where which shows how unpredictable it is. The Wigan/Burton double header should be an already banked 6 points but screams banana skin as we haven't won back to back home games for a while iirc.

I think 9 points from the next 3 is pretty essential. If we get that I think we probably only need 3 wins from the last 6.

I can't imagine any of the last four teams we come up against will have anything to play for at that point which should hopefully work in our favour.

I think Huddersfield will burn themselves out towards the end of the season.

Except they've shown no signs of that at all. Even in losing to us they went at us until the final whistle. The best bet is they don't find their shooting boots as they don't look like they have natural goal scorers, but it won't be for lack of effort. We need to get back to winning our games, then it doesn't matter what they do.

Fulham's result against Blackburn on Tuesday sort of reassured me.

They are a good side, but Saturday's one sided victory was just a team who had a great day against a team who had a really bad day. A one off. One of those things which happen in football from time to time.