Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Leeds are nowhere near as dangerous as Fulham from what I've seen like. Fulham have pace and pass the ball well; Leeds rely on a shite Kiwi up top. Thankfully our run of playing the ball hoggers is over, I don't think we match up well against them at all. Huddersfield were naive but I wouldn't want to play them again, home or away.

Pretty confident still we'll go up. Even if Huddersfield get, say, 23 of their 30 available points, which is a tough ask, we only need 16 out of 27 left. 5 wins and a draw or 4 wins and 4 draws would do. And that's not even taking into account we just need to equal Brighton over 9 games too. 9/10.

However, the consequences if we don't go up.... :lol:

When we get promoted I am going to look back on this Fulham game and consider it a blessing. No game showed more than this one that we are a long way short of where we need to be when we are back in the top flight next season. It's not enough to say we had a bad day, we got outplayed by a younger side who had more pace, better movement and more accurate passing. It will do us the world of good in the long run.

Ive been a 7 all season until the Brighton week where we got 7 points. Then I was a 9, now for some reason im as low as 3.

I blame social media because the way everyone's been, we're in danger of relegation.  :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Absolutely every neutral I ask is utterly convinced we are going up. There's simply no doubt about it in their minds.

And yet loads of us are bricking it. They think we're fucking mad. [emoji38]

Absolutely every neutral I ask is utterly convinced we are going up. There's simply no doubt about it in their minds.

And yet loads of us are bricking it. They think we're fucking mad. [emoji38]

The scars run deep.

I put it in the betting thread, but Paddy Power has us 1/80 for promotion. Chelsea are 10pts bloody clear and they're only 1/10 :lol: :lol:

Is it just pure laziness from neutrals? All they need to do is looking at the tight table, or watch our performances. Nah, surely we're right here.

Guest neesy111

Am i right in saying out of the top 3 we have conceded the most?

Nope, 32.  Huddersfield 39, Brighton 31.

huddersfield have a straight forward run in. only really fulham at home looks tricky for them.

Surely we can write off the opponents in the final games because we've been everyone's cup final all season and If Brighton and Huddersfield keep up then surely they'll be everyone elses also.

At least that's what im hoping.  Im also hoping that Rafa's prediction of April being the month to separate the wheat from the chaff will come true because one good week for us will complete the job.

Huddersfield, like us, have lost to some very ordinary sides, iirc.

Some teams will be wanting to get into the play offs, some teams will be wanting to stay up. Next month they play at least 3 games a week, sometimes they have 3 or 4 games in a week. With their style of play they could easily be very exhausted in a lot of games.

Huddersfield, like us, have lost to some very ordinary sides, iirc.

Some teams will be wanting to get into the play offs, some teams will be wanting to stay up. Next month they play at least 3 games a week, sometimes they have 3 or 4 games in a week. With their style of play they could easily be very exhausted in a lot of games.

4 games a week??!!