Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need a winger and a striker in January and I'll be very confident.

Not sure we need a striker but we need a CM and an attacking mid. If Shelvey could potentially miss 8 games and Diame going to AFCON that leaves us with Hayden, Colback and Tiote as our CMs and Ayoze as our only attacking mid

Not concerned at all. We're playing well still, no dodgy ref and that game's ours. Brighton will overtake us before our next match, I think, but they won't keep their form up. Then we've got the Jan window, and Rafa's teams apparently always come into their own in the second half of the season.

I'm not convinced Reading can keep up their recent form, they've played some pretty average opposition recently

I dunno, I think they are the real deal personally, don't think there is anything lucky about their position at the moment. I think Brighton are more likely to drop off than them, Brighton have been remarkably consistent throughout the season, they haven't had a bad patch at any stage, the law of averages says they've got to stumble at some point.

I'm not convinced Reading can keep up their recent form, they've played some pretty average opposition recently

I dunno, I think they are the real deal personally, don't think there is anything lucky about their position at the moment. I think Brighton are more likely to drop off than them, Brighton have been remarkably consistent throughout the season, they haven't had a bad patch at any stage, the law of averages says they've got to stumble at some point.

Don't know how you know Reading are "the real deal" like, albeit they are on a good run of form.  A lot of the teams who were expected to challenge have been massively inconsistent such as Norwich, Derby, Sheff Wed and even Villa who were expected to be right up there. 2 points a game gets you up and we are on course, loads of games left and we will pick up again

Don't know how you know Reading are "the real deal" like, albeit they are on a good run of form.  A lot of the teams who were expected to challenge have been massively inconsistent such as Norwich, Derby, Sheff Wed and even Villa who were expected to be right up there. 2 points a game gets you up and we are on course, loads of games left and we will pick up again

You can sense they have a belief about them stemming from their manager. Personally I was not impressed with Norwich even when they were top of the league and 3-1 up at our place, they are just being found out at the moment. Derby got their managerial appointment wrong but are turning things around with the clown in charge, I wouldn't rule them out of a playoff spot. Villa are a different team under Bruce and I would back them to make at least the playoffs where Bruce has an excellent record.

We are still very much the best team in the league but I sense it won't be the cakewalk we expected after the Leeds win.

Down to an 8, still very likely but being without Shelvey for two consecutive bans will hurt us and we still lack a decent #10 for Rafa's system.

Rafa should do what's best for the club rather than his system then ?

Down to an 8, still very likely but being without Shelvey for two consecutive bans will hurt us and we still lack a decent #10 for Rafa's system.

Well, depends what the other pluses and minuses of making the change are.

Guest firetotheworks

zzzzZZZZ

1 complacent wake up call, 1 fuckup by the goalkeeper and a complete travesty. The unit and plan is strong. No need to worry too much. We'll win it, not in the style some predicted but we will.

:thup:

Shelvey missing is bad for us but we've played really well the past 2 games. Coming away with nothing from either is massively harsh and in no way a reflection of how we are at the moment.

Guest neesy111

We need 2 midfielders in January to make sure of it.  A winger and attacking minded central player.

We are a winger down as we need to write off Aarons, and I assume atsu will be missing for a month.