Fulham 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 05/08/16 - Post-match reaction from page 40

Dave

Guest ElCid

I keep hearing wake up call the last few pages - what a pile of shit and if that's the case I question the mentality and attitude of some of the players at this club.

Ayoze man ... I just don't know. Seems a while since the guy has performed in a meaningful game. Really not sure about him at number 10 in and amongst bodies. The physicality hinders him.

A wake up call then, whatever you want to call it. 6-1 against Leyton Orient.

Go away. You haven't got a clue.

Sorry?

I said "go away you haven't got a clue". We've just been relegated. That was the wake up call.

The captain and manager need to go away (where?) as well then. :thup:

Ayoze man ... I just don't know. Seems a while since the guy has performed in a meaningful game. Really not sure about him at number 10 in and amongst bodies. The physicality hinders him.

How long till De Jong is fit like?

People on here seem pretty chuffed that we got a 0-1 loss anyway :thup:

I think it's less that they (we) are chuffed and more that we're not ready to throw in the towel one game in. have a little faith.

Guest ElCid

He needs to sort that out otherwise he will never be a success in the English game he is too easily knocked off the ball.

Pretty bad lineup from the off.  Anita and Colback need to be replaced by people who can actually make something happen on the ball.  Far too defensive from the off.

I wonder if SDJ might be a better fit (SDJ, fit, lol) playing off Gayle with Aarons out wide and Shelvey in CM.

We need to adjust to the league, while the players should be straight at it, it never works like that.

We need half a dozen games to settle down, and with three out of the next four at home that's exactly what i expect to happen.

Perez was awful yet again, don't know what he even offers to the team.

Clear from that for me that he's not good enough to play the no. 10 even at this level. He's either a support striker to a big man like Mitro or an impact sub, pairing him and Gayle up was a disaster.

Rather get a sloppy, uninspired performance like that out the way in our first match of the season to give them a kick up the arse. We're habitually poor at breaking teams down that defend deep against us and that's going to happen a lot this season, hopefully this game will reinforce that to rafa and he'll drop the idea of playing so many defensive minded players quickly.

It was a bit bizarre to have three holding midfielders in the team, but honestly the subs when they came on were even worse. The result doesn't bother me as much as the performance. We didn't defend well, couldn't control the midfield, and our forwards were all pretty easily contained by championship defenders. The set pieces were a disgrace as well. I won't even bother moaning about the penalties we should have had, we deserved to get beat.

How long till De Jong is fit like?

:lol:

Don't quite like labeling like that already. Suggests we have problems taking this league seriously. Surely after being relegated like we did you would not be taking anything for granted?

In fairness he spent the rest of his time here trying to get players who lost every week to learn how not to lose, now he's got to teach them how to win and be expected to win each week. I didn't think about it before but it's not something where you can just flip a switch and immediately it will work.

The main worry is the fact Fulham have given the rest of the shite in this league the blueprint to stifling and beating us. We lack a cutting edge, we're slow and cautious in possession and can't defend set pieces. Sit back, soak it up and play a big lump up front, play for throws and corners and exploit our inability to defend them. The rest of the league have watched that and now know our weaknesses. :hmm: