Brendan Galloway joins new club - West Bromwich Albion

Dave

Unsure if Rafa will give up on Dummett after one bad championship game mind, can't see Galloway coming straight in to the fold.

But we can live in hope.

Dummett's problem is he isn't a good footballer, so not really suitable for playing full back where you need someone who can bring the ball forward and overlap when required. People often say he should be moved eventually to centre back, realistically he's not big or strong enough to do that week in week out.

How many full backs do we actually need?

We have Dummett, Sterry, Anita, Walmart, Jesus, Mbabu, Clark, Haidara.

We need a creative and mobile midfielder and a goalscoring centre forward who can hold the ball up.

Signing more left backs is Pardewesque.

Shite, Unproven, Not a FB, Still might leave, Canny, Unproven, Not a FB, Permacrock.

We need a creative and mobile midfielder and a goalscoring centre forward who can hold the ball up.

Mbabu won't feature this season, Haidara? Are we still counting him as an option?

Dummett is a problem in a division where we're supposed to dominate and put opposition teams to the sword. It was criminal watching him against Fulham when you remember how much Enrique took the piss down here last time. If this kid can carry the ball forward he'll be an upgrade, but I'm a bit worried that he seems another who's not really a completely natural fullback.

One good one would be fine.

Was expecting a slightly higher caliber of player at LB tbh.

Galloway impressed me last season but I wouldn't say he's better than Haidara (rip) going forward. Surprised he's considered as a CB primarily, he seems pretty lightweight.

Galloway impressed me last season but I wouldn't say he's better than Haidara (rip) going forward. Surprised he's considered as a CB primarily, he seems pretty lightweight.

I have a feeling it's because Football Manager says he can play there  :lol:

If the option to buy piece is true, this is a very good signing.

If not, it's still an upgrade on Dummett for a season which will do us good.

Mbabu out on loan for his development will be good too.

A winger and a striker and we've had an outstanding summer.

Agree with all that but why not let Mbabu develop in our first team.

Dummett is a problem in a division where we're supposed to dominate and put opposition teams to the sword.

:thup:

Colback the same. Only of any use whatsoever if you're planning to have none of the ball and want somebody to chase after it like a stupid dog.

Because Mbabu needs to develop in general or just work on staying fit.

Colback the same. Only of any use whatsoever if you're planning to have none of the ball and want somebody to chase after it like a stupid dog.

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Excited-Little-Dog-Points-In-a-Direction-For-Big-Dog-On-Cartoon-Networks-2-Stupid-Dogs.gif

Colback to the left.

Dummett is a problem in a division where we're supposed to dominate and put opposition teams to the sword.

At least Dummett is pretty good at it, whereas Colback isn't even decent at what he's supposed to be doing :lol:

Because Mbabu needs to develop in general or just work on staying fit.

He can't work on staying fit sadly so that is irrelevant and the two times I  saw him play (Chelsea (H) Man City (A) ) he looked our best fullback though i dare say it could be argued he might not offer as much going forward.

Mbabu is a right footed centre back, albeit he's only 6ft but thats his natural position. He then got moved to left back and thrown into the first team because of injuries

He hasn't proven anything yet, he can't even keep himself fit

Haidara's problems were more going backwards rather than going forwards. Plus he's never fit.

Here, if you want to take the p*ss out of Colback then go ahead.  Leave Stifler's dog out of it though.

Did you not watch him at all last season?

No, just basing it on what Everton fans are saying, and the majority seem to suggest he isn't a LB.

He was a centre back for MK Dons but hasn't played many minutes there for us. Although he's comfortable on the ball, he's definitely a defender first and foremost. 

He was one of our better players for the first half of last season at left back while Baines was injured. Then got dropped like a stone for no apparent reason (which Martinez was fond of doing to players).

From our perspective, I don't understand this move at all tbh. Our only cover at left back now is Oviedo, who not only isn't as good as Galloway imo but has legs made of papier mache.

Don't you still have Garbutt for cover?

He wasn't given a squad number by Koeman. Apparently he was crap during his loan at Fulham last season too.

Before he signed a new deal 12 months ago, he looked really promising and Liverpool were sniffing round him on a free. Now he looks to be on the scrap heap :lol: