Bristol City vs Newcastle United - 20/08/16 @ 3pm (No TV. Anywhere in the world)

Yorkie

Important game this, we really need an away win to get this monkey off our backs.

Think it will be tight (like a lot of away game were in 09/10) but think that Reading win will have us fired up and ready and we'll nick a 1-0.

Clean sheet for once.

:thup:

Being away might actually suit us better considering how Rafa likes to set up, My only concern is about the clean sheet. If we can defend properly I think we'll win.

Rafa hasn't won a competitive match away from home for us yet has he ?  And we'll  not win this one either  it'll be 2-2 like the last time we played them... Saying that Mitro will be back next week and then that's when our season will kick off !

Moving on Saturday and won't have Internet so probably have to rely on NO match thread commentary :scared:

Think it'll be tight, Rafa will have us playing compact and stifling it but I fancy a slim NUFC win.

0-1

Rafa hasn't won a competitive match away from home for us yet has he ?  And we'll  not win this one either  it'll be 2-2 like the last time we played them... Saying that Mitro will be back next week and then that's when our season will kick off !

It's amazing how much better Mitrovic has become by simply not being available to play for a while.

Who's going from off here?

Me!

Nice one. Heading down with a friend myself but not hanging around after game so will try and catch you pre-match. I'll drop you a text Saturday :thup:

We took a while to get going away last time. First 7 aways we'd won 3, drawn 1, lost 3. A win now would be handy.

I remember us thumping Ipswich away early 4-0, really set the tone for the season.  Hopefully we are better defensively as we look vulnerable when teams have a go. 

Read that this will be their record home crowd in 20 years, we are really going to have to deal with being the team everyone is desperate to beat

2-0 with another Gayle brace!

We're flying down this afternoon and stopping for two nights - it's supposed to be a decent night out!

It is pretty good, aye!

I'm going tonight but stopping at my lasses parents. Going to head to a bar around 12 tomorrow looking for other Newcastle fans. Anybody with a name/rough location of a bar for away fans it's appreciated.

2-0 with another Gayle brace!

We're flying down this afternoon and stopping for two nights - it's supposed to be a decent night out!

It is pretty good, aye!

I'm going tonight but stopping at my lasses parents. Going to head to a bar around 12 tomorrow looking for other Newcastle fans. Anybody with a name/rough location of a bar for away fans it's appreciated.

The pumphouse is decent.

Bristol's an awesome night out.

Anyone else seen the weather for Bristol tomorrow?  :whatdidido:

Met Office warning for 40mph winds and rain all day tomorrow.

Glorious.

Welcome to the West Country to all our northern friends :lol:

Love the games coming quickly, Norwich kept them out but they've decent strikers.

Hopefully we'll be confident but not too much after the last result, still need to improve in open play but it was much better.

Who's going from off here?

Me!

Nice one. Heading down with a friend myself but not hanging around after game so will try and catch you pre-match. I'll drop you a text Saturday :thup:

:thup:

Hopefully not. Let them worry about us :thup: And Mbemba is absolutely vital as he can bring the ball out from the back and contribute forward if there arent any good options to play the ball to in midfield. Massively important that Mbemba plays.