Bristol City 0-1 Newcastle United - 20/08/2016 - Post-match reaction from pg 21

Disco

Only seen the goal so far. Mint.

Should just be happy for Gayle, but I'm a petty guy :lol:: Mitro would have only scored that chance once out of thirty times. Rafa definitely made the right decision making Gayle the number 9.

Should just be happy for Gayle, but I'm a petty guy :lol:: Mitro would have only scored that chance once out of thirty times. Rafa definitely made the right decision making Gayle the number 9.

Didn't Mitrovic score a very similar goal last season? :lol:

Should just be happy for Gayle, but I'm a petty guy [emoji38]: Mitro would have only scored that chance once out of thirty times. Rafa definitely made the right decision making Gayle the number 9.

Didn't Mitrovic score a very similar goal last season? [emoji38]

Aye except a better finish, vs Norwich.

Should just be happy for Gayle, but I'm a petty guy [emoji38]: Mitro would have only scored that chance once out of thirty times. Rafa definitely made the right decision making Gayle the number 9.

He also missed a lot of similar ones badly tbf

Aye except a better finish, vs Norwich.

One of the few highlights of the season, almost hit the roof when he buried it.

I'm sure Sels said when he signed that he prefers punching and that Rafa doesn't want him to. If so he's probably playing against his nature at the moment and suffering for it. Hopefully he'll adapt.

My thinking as well.

I'm sure Sels said when he signed that he prefers punching and that Rafa doesn't want him to. If so he's probably playing against his nature at the moment and suffering for it. Hopefully he'll adapt.

My thinking as well.

Give him some time, when Krul first broke into the first team he was a nervous wreck, always charging at the ball, though he showed exceptional shot stopping abilities.

Keepers need time to settle in.

Great for the defence that we didn't concede late on, that will help build some confidence. There's probably been a lot of pressure on Lascelles going into the season but hopefully he'll settle again and kick on from here.

Clearly there's still some questions marks over the team but that was a very important away win. The defence will continue to improve and as Diame gets fitter we'll start looking more threatening.

I'm actually really interested in te team for the first time in years which is a novelty  :lol: That's the main positive for me

My thinking as well.

Give him some time, when Krul first broke into the first team he was a nervous wreck, always charging at the ball, though he showed exceptional shot stopping abilities.

Keepers need time to settle in.

totally agree, dare i say Pav was a right flapper when he came, they all need time

I thought we controlled the game well, scored early on and then gave them the ball and told them to break us down (as did Fulham and Huddersfield against us) and they had no answer. We limited them to two or three half chances and they never looked like scoring.

Sels looked a bit suspect, again, but needs time to settle. Fortunately he hasn't cost us in a game yet, but he needs to improve or it is only a matter of time.

The back four were much better, Clark looked much better at LB than Dummett has all season. Mbemba and Lascelles looked solid, Anita did well but still easily outmuscled at times. Another decent performance from Gouff & Ritchie, Colback a waste of time as ever. Hayden looking better each game. Diame played well in the first half but looked absolutely knackered in the second and was very poor. Gayle got the goal which was very well taken, had and fed off scraps all game.

Great support again, the Rafalution back in full swing. Unfortunately there were a couple of incidents during and after the game. Some NUFC fans celebrating our goal in the home end ended up with punches being thrown, I believe they were 'stormed at' by disgruntled home supporters rather than starting any trouble themselves.

And after the game there was a bit of trouble, we arrived when we police had calmed it down. 6-10 NUFC fans surrounded by police whilst a group of Bristol City fans threw glass and plastic bottles at the NUFC fans and police dog in attendance. No idea what happened or who was to blame for that.

Sad that some idiots still attend games, but glad it was only a very small minority and fizzled out very quickly.

Our fans celebrating in the home end is always going to cause trouble - cant blame Bristol City fans being pissed off at that. If you cant control yourself then dont go in the home end. In the past before my ST i knew I couldnt so i never went in the home end. Idiots.

After the game looked to be a little hairy mind, no idea who started it either but our lot wouldnt have been blameless.

Big result this though, got a feeling we're going to win a lot of away games like that this season -.tight game, nick a goal and very scrappy.

Not many people on here saw the game so here's some comments from the Bristol fans for those who are interested.

By the sounds of these comments it sounds more like a professional performance than i thought it was.

(despite us not being impressive or anything with the ball)

http://www.themag.co.uk/2016/08/bristol-city-fans-say-defeat-newcastle-interesting-newcastle-united-bristol-city-0-newcastle-1/?

Not many people on here saw the game so here's some comments from the Bristol fans for those who are interested.

By the sounds of these comments it sounds more like a professional performance than i thought it was.

(despite us not being impressive or anything with the ball)

http://www.themag.co.uk/2016/08/bristol-city-fans-say-defeat-newcastle-interesting-newcastle-united-bristol-city-0-newcastle-1/?

That sounds about right.