Christian Atsu (1992–2023)

Kaizero

Really good article about him changing his diet and sleep patterns to overcome his injuries, which had really held him back the last few seasons. We got him at a really good time, as he looks like he can really push on now. Clearly a talented player. Great that we have a clause in place to make the move permanent.

Superb today, really direct and effective.

Great to hear. Hopefully he can make that LW his own soon. Still think Gouffran is 1st choice for Rafa, especially away. I hope that changes soon.

He was a bit in and out of the game in the 1st half but got a lot more involved in the 2nd. Got in the box well too.

I get the feeling he hasn't quite bought into the whole team ethic thing yet. Hopefully he gives in to it and becomes a cracking player for us.

I'd definitely take him on a permanent deal going off what we've seen, even if it's just as back up. He has a lot of the attributes you want from a winger and can only get better with more game time. He looks a right handful every game in every game I've seen him in so far.

I think because Richie works so hard we can easily afford to play him and Atsu against most teams.

I think that's right tbh. I also think that having Atsu occupying defenders on the other wing would probably see Ritchie getting a lot more space as well so it would be a win for both parties. Gouffran's not done a lot wrong tbf, but he's not a genuine wide man like Atsu.

Really like the look of Atsu, he drifts in and out of games a bit but he looks like the sort of player that terrifies defences.

Love a player who is happy to have the ball and run at people, something Atsu does a lot.

Completely forgot that we've still got Aarons to come back too, once he's been glued back together.

Rafa wants to sign him permanently in January apparently.

Would be pleased with that. Looks like he's got an eye for goal as well as the party tricks out wide. Priceless in a wide player that.

Considering he continues to perform and most defenders don't seem to have a clue how to defend him, on top of the fact we have an option to buy i'll be absolutely shocked if we don't exercise that option.

He'll be signed permanently assuming the lad wants to.

Considering he continues to perform and most defenders don't seem to have a clue how to defend him, on top of the fact we have an option to buy i'll be absolutely shocked if we don't exercise that option.

I think he doesn't seem to have a clue what he's going to do next, so they've got no chance. :lol:

I think he doesn't seem to have a clue what he's going to do next, so they've got no chance. :lol:

Didn't Robson say something similar about Lua Lua?