Christian Atsu (1992–2023)

Kaizero

Guest gallows

Now that he got  a starting spot, let's see what he's got

Hasn't been involved much so far, time to ship him back to Chelsea?

I'f he does not score today, then we have to let him go

Guest gallows

Atsu hints that the ball is in Newcastle United's court on permanent transfer

Christian Atsu says he isn’t thinking about a permanent move to Newcastle United just yet.

But the player has revealed his happiness at the move to Tyneside so far and says that it will be Newcastle’s decision on whether he makes the move from Chelsea on a full-time basis.

Atsu goes into the game with Burton Albion at the Pirelli Stadium looking to impress after sealing a 2-0 win at Wigan Athletic earlier this week.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/christian-atsu-hints-ball-newcastle-12331651

Guest gallows

I don't know if I would sign him TBH, based on what I've seen so far. Not sure how much he can contribute in the PL. That said, we need a big squad.

If Ian W does not want him, then Benitez should do the right thing and set him lose

I don't know if I would sign him TBH, based on what I've seen so far. Not sure how much he can contribute in the PL. That said, we need a big squad.

If Ian W does not want him, then Benitez should do the right thing and set him lose

"He's a hero. You turn him loose. Turn him loose!"

Decent squad option for next year, under £5m and he's worth taking. Anything more and you'd be tempted to look elsewhere.

I honestly don't think Rafa will be looking at buying £5m squad options next year. Atsu started off like a house on fire, but he needs to do more to earn himself a permanent move. He seems to have an eye for goal, but he has to provide more threat down the wing and provide a consistent stream of supply for the attack. The jury is still out it seems.

You lot are absolute mad :lol: he's our best winger by far. We'd be mad not to sign him permanently.

It's Rafa who needs to be convinced really, he's the one starting Gouffran in front of him week in week out.

too early to say with this lad, he's had a few sub appearances and a couple of starts. Needs a run of games.

Diame has started a lot of games and is just starting to shine, it would be a bit previous to assess Atsu on what he has done so far. Despite it being on the whole quite positive.

I guess he is looking for a club who will give him 1st team experience, so he needs to prove he is good enough to hold down that position in the Prem.

You lot are absolute mad :lol: he's our best winger by far. We'd be mad not to sign him permanently.

Not sure how you've come to the conclusion that he's far better than Ritchie like.

Like what I've seen so far though. Very good, especially as a sub, at this level.

Not sure how you've come to the conclusion that he's far better than Ritchie like.

Like what I've seen so far though. Very good, especially as a sub, at this level.

Ritchie doesn't get beyond the full backs very often, doesn't have much pace or trickery to get by them. His delivery and passing are good other than that though, just means he doesn't often get into positions to really hurt the opposition.

Aye, Ritchie had a good season in the Premiership last year where as Atsu couldn't get a game for Bournemouth. They're in the same team again and it's a similar story, despite the grumbles about Ritchie.

Atsu seems to fluctuate between looking unplayable and anonymous. I do like him as another option though.

He's not our best winger 'by far'. He was poor against Blackburn and Cardiff (despite scoring) and needs to show more consistency, but there's certainly talent there and his pace gives us an option we don't have on either wing, unless Yedlin plays there. I'd still sign him mind

Agree with what Foluwashola and Hans said

Aye, Ritchie had a good season in the Premiership last year where as Atsu couldn't get a game for Bournemouth. They're in the same team again and it's a similar story, despite the grumbles about Ritchie.

Atsu seems to fluctuate between looking unplayable and anonymous. I do like him as another option though.

Eddie Hew absolutely despises playing players he signed whilst in the PL so I wouldn't read too much in to that.

• 2 weeks later...

Really like Atsu, a player who is willing to get the ball and run at people.

Plays a poor ball every now and again and he could improve his decision making but years of good coaching under Rafa could iron that out.

Think he's a really good prospect.

he's 25 in 10 days

Really like Atsu, a player who is willing to get the ball and run at people.

Plays a poor ball every now and again and he could improve his decision making but years of good coaching under Rafa could iron that out.

Think he's a really good prospect.

Have to disagree tbh, think he is really average at this level, and I would certainly not be looking at a permanent transfer at all.