Christian Atsu (1992–2023)

Kaizero

Sensible decision, in today's market it's a no brainer for me, he was vital to in the run in, hugely important goal against Preston, another vital one against Cardiff and was fantastic against Barnsley. Seems like a good pro too.

Great news! Got the same stats as gouffran (5 goals and 3 assists) in about half the time (1517 mins according to whoscored). That's pretty good and if anything he should have had more. Many good chances and good passes into the box that Gayle would have buried if he wasn't injured.

With some stability at the same club instead of constantly getting loaned out + the Rafa effect, he might become a really good player for us. O0

Think he's got better and hopefully him starting more often at the end of the season was a sign of Rafa trusting him and him following instructions a bit more. At worst he'll be a good squad option.

I'm not convinced by him at all. He's 25 and is very erratic. I really hope we're signing him purely because we have nobody else and he's going to be backup.

Saying that, I hope it's similar to Perez's situation, whereby he plays better in the Prem against a different style of football.

Great news! Got the same stats as gouffran (5 goals and 3 assists) in about half the time (1517 mins according to whoscored). That's pretty good and if anything he should have had more. Many good chances and good passes into the box that Gayle would have buried if he wasn't injured.

With some stability at the same club instead of constantly getting loaned out + the Rafa effect, he might become a really good player for us. O0

I don't think people quite appreciate how valuable it is to have a wide man who can contribute goals. They usually cost a lot more than £6m. I get that he wasn't always effective, but how many wingers are week in week out? We need to get him on board, then if we can get a really top class wide man in, all the better.

Guest Howaythetoon

I think he is capable of stepping it up in the PL as he has the right physical attributes at least. As a squad player I'm happy with this signing.

Was against signing hima month or so ago but he's done well recently on the right with Ritchie out so fine with this deal as long as he's not the only winger joining

He's the type of player who I thought would end up playing in China one day

Anderson didn't even seem to know we are allegedly in talks to sign him, on TS earlier. Still asking the question, if we should be thinking about signing him permanently or not. Makes you wonder what prep they do for the show??!!