Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

Does anyone know why there is an issue with the council and why they won't grant the 10 year lease on the stadium?

Not sure where they go from here. Managers aren't going to want to go to a club they can't improve, players aren't going to want to go there anymore, there'll be a big exodus even compared to what there normally is. Absolutely screwed.

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Not sure where they go from here. Managers aren't going to want to go to a club they can't improve, players aren't going to want to go there anymore, there'll be a big exodus even compared to what there normally is. Absolutely screwed.

Yup, they’ve been absolutely fucked over. Never mind the timing which is absolutely incredible.

That’s shocking by the Council, I mean what’s the point, the club are doing great after some really difficult times.

Pity we can’t act as some kind of guarantor if that’s the issue.

Wondering there's anything NUFC could do. 

Can our owners not buy the stadium and we could lease it to Gateshead. We could also use it for our Women's team and youth teams.

8 minutes ago, STM said:

Can our owners not buy the stadium and we could lease it to Gateshead. We could also use it for our Women's team and youth teams.

That was my first thought like :thup:  Turn it into an actual football stadium.

I wonder if they have or are considering approaching NUFC.  Maybe the council are playing a blinder and are expecting exactly that approach

Edited by OpenC

A shame for Gateshead, but surely seems a bit harsh on Altrincham if Solihull have a bye for finishing 5th, yet they have a QF to play for finishing 4th?

17 minutes ago, STM said:

I'm all for us helping out local lower league clubs but I'd hate to see our teams move to a stadium that is such a poor place to watch football. 

Thats a fucking horrible decision, both from the EFL for having such an arbitrary rule, and from Gateshead council for basically fucking them over. 

If there any sort of pressure that could be applied onto the council? As they're essentially fucking themselves over from the added revenue that Gateshead being in the EFL would bring, it also makes them as a club pointless too, as who's going to want to go there when they can't do anything. 

2 minutes ago, maybe_next_year said:

I'm all for us helping out local lower league clubs but I'd hate to see our teams move to a stadium that is such a poor place to watch football. 

Wouldn't take much to modify it mind. Main stand is fine just needs a bit TLC. Stand opposite needs a roof and just demolish the 2 ends behind the goals and build 2 modest stands closer to the pitch after doing away with the running track.

18 minutes ago, Paullow said:

A shame for Gateshead, but surely seems a bit harsh on Altrincham if Solihull have a bye for finishing 5th, yet they have a QF to play for finishing 4th?

Yeah that's terrible decision. It should surely either be Altrincham get a bye or Aldershot get a play off place.

1 minute ago, Bizza said:

Fucking awful decision that, EFL are a bunch of cunts.

Think the buck has to stop with the council to be honest. Rules are rules.