Newcastle United vs Norwich City - 28/9/16 @ 7:45pm - No TV

HaydnNUFC

I'd start Darlow, like. Not given up on Sels but he needs taking out of the firing line.

:thup:

Thought Darlow was very good in the cup game the other day as well, looked really assured when coming out for crosses and coming off his line. Think Sels will get given the nod though.

I'd start Darlow, like. Not given up on Sels but he needs taking out of the firing line.

:thup:

Thought Darlow was very good in the cup game the other day as well, looked really assured when coming out for crosses and coming off his line. Think Sels will get given the nod though.

I agree too. Don't see why Rafa's rotation policy shouldn't extend to who's between the sticks. Sels is clearly a decent keeper who's struggling a bit. Let Darlow have his chance whilst he's playing well, so Matz can recover his form.

Why has this been moved when it's not on tv?

We nearly always played midweek games on a Wednesday before this season

The last time we were in the champ we were the only team playing home games on a Wednesday. Club preference. Probably makes sense for this set of fixtures anyway.

Biggest game of the season so far, IMO. Lose tonight and we are already chasing a big points gap so early in the season. That will only increase the pressure on us, and our home form looks average at best when we are trying to break teams down which won't help.

Think we will win, though. 2-1

We shouldn't be fearing any team at all in this league, especially at home. It's simply a must win.

Before the season started I agree, however how home form so far means that there is a fear in approaching them at the minute.

Not to instigate the touchiest of debates but the crowd really need to be on-side tonight. It's all well and good saying that they're professional footballers and 'should be able to take the flack'; but that's not the point. The home ground only becomes a fortress when the players know that they've got the crowd on-side, through every dodgy pass or goalkeeping flap.

The players here are committed. If they're underperforming, it's not because they don't care. They deserve and need every bit of support if we're all gonna pull in the same direction.

I think we have loyal, passionate fans and the attendances this season have been tremendous. Fans that deserve success. But I can't help but feel a little bit embarrassed when the likes of Lascelles (or which ever member of the squad has Lee Ryder and his tascam wheeled-out in front of them) feel like they've got to harp on about how good the fans are, during every interview. This coming after they were booed off the pitch in the last home league game, days after winning 6-0 in London.

I wish everyone would listen to the message Rafa passed-on to the fortunate lads who got to visit the training ground. It doesn't feel arbitrary when it comes from him, it's sincere; the fans must support the players or it ain't gonna happen.

i think a win is important tonight like, not just from the perspective of keeping us up with the leaders but to put some belief in everyone (crowd inc.) that we can fucking put someone away at home

Absolutely. A draw wouldn't be a disaster but we need teams to start fearing St James park again, and for that you need a crowd roaring us on, not sitting there pissed off wondering why we aren't giving championship teams a chasing.

What's players routines on match days at home? Do they do any training or are they just told to rest, be at the stadium at such and such time etc etc? Just seen Diame walking down Northumberland St.

Apparently 6 of Norwich's games so far have been against teams in the bottom half whereas we have mostly played teams in the top half.  So I guess it is hard to know how good Norwich are and if they have been really tested in games.