Newcastle United vs Norwich City - 28/9/16 @ 7:45pm - No TV

HaydnNUFC

Why are we playing a day later if this is not on TV? And why is the game between the two standout contenders in the division not on TV? f***ing sky man!

We've always played our midweek home games on a Wednesday. Not sure why the cup games are on Tuesday nights now.

Why are we playing a day later if this is not on TV? And why is the game between the two standout contenders in the division not on TV? f***ing sky man!

It's Champions League week. As far as I am aware They aren't allowed to show other games live while the champions league is on.

And we always traditionally play mid week games on Wednesdays.

You're so simple, like.

Rather be 'simple' than a despised dickhead, tbf.

What has Dummet achieved to be considered anything near average? He's got no outstanding attributes, even for a championship defender. Him being our first choice LB for the last 3 or so years is part of the reason we're in this division.

??

You can't criticise all the sub standard players we have had over the years which is why we are in this division. They are all just Pardewed or going to be top players really

we will win!  :indi:

my season's superstition game predictor has been seeing skunks on my morning run--every time i see one we win our next game, & the day before we pummeled QPR i saw 2.  i saw 2 again this morning... bet the house!  :coolsmiley:

my season's superstition game predictor has been seeing skunks on my morning run--every time i see one we win our next game, & the day before we pummeled QPR i saw 2.  i saw 2 again this morning... bet the house!  :coolsmiley:

Imagine explaining that to your wife when the bailiffs show up :lol:

Imagine explaining that to your wife when the bailiffs show up :lol:

they'd only be there to claim my corpse!  :lol:

:lol: class! Problem is with such Pepé Le Pew predictions, that on the same day as we hammered QPR (and you also saw two 'Peps') the Man City game was abandoned. Could be a nailed on sign, but what if it means another torrential downpour and another match abandoned (just saying...). Plus the odds will be better... get the garden shed on it!  O0

I didn't see the villa game but by all accounts we had more than enough chances to win it? I think we'll win this, we're not gonna drop too many consecutive points under Rafa imo

It really should have been 0-3 by 60 mins and a discussion about another masterful away win.

Definitely a game thrown away - almost a carbon copy of the game at SJP last year

Id go with Mitro and Perez up front :thup: They seem to have a decent understanding between them. Perez is at his best with Mitro as the focal point. And we need a good Perez.

Norwich wont open up themselves too much and will look to frustrate us most of the time.

Doesn't mean much as it was nearly a year ago and a lot has changed since but the tactic of Ayoze off Mitrovic worked the best it had all season in our home game against Norwich last season

Agreed.  Worked so well against QPR, too. 

I'm not sure if Norwich still such an open game.  But if they play anything like they did in that 6-2.  Then I would like to think we'd wipe the floor with them. 

47,500 tickets gone so far, unbelievable support, may well work against us tomorrow if things start going badly like previous home matches.

Christ, I didn't think it would be that many, thought maybe 44-45k. Norwich won't be bringing many.

Meanwhile, the Spaniard confirmed that he had no fresh injury worries ahead of Wednesday's visit of Norwich, with full back DeAndre Yedlin likely to be available for selection after limping out of the action at Villa Park at the weekend.

"More or less, we have the same situation that we had before (the Aston Villa game)," said Benitez. "(Jack) Colback is training, he is fine. Yedlin left the pitch (on Saturday), but I think he will be fine.

"(Yedlin)'s doing well in the training sessions, as are the majority of them, and he's working hard. We knew about his potential, but it's still too soon, too early, to praise him too much. I think he has to keep working hard. He has a very good mentality and he has to keep playing at the level he played at the other day, and to keep improving if he can."