Our away support

Big Geordie

Nowt wrong with taking drugs at a football game tbh.  Its just the person is acting like a prick and are probably a prick without drugs.

To be honest I would rather go to a game and have people on pills than wasted on beer starting fight.

We have always had a large number of knackers in our away support like, seen them crashed out on the terraces pissed and such, but the difference then was our following was stocked with mad, funny characters. Was there yesterday and at Fulham and their was a lot of moronic, mongish behaviour without any humour, really. Some of the chants were alright ' your  ground' s too big for you' etc but most of it is repetitive and a bit tedious. Won't go back to Villa, very poor away trip, absolute shitehole and their ridiculously precious fans are made for each other

Didn't even cross my mind that it was something people did at football til a couple of years ago my dad had to sit next to people on one of the buses snorting coke. Gigs and that aye, but football seems a bit weird. When we went to Old Trafford last season we got very heavily searched and got the impression that's what they were looking for.

Didn't even cross my mind that it was something people did at football til a couple of years ago my dad had to sit next to people on one of the buses snorting coke. Gigs and that aye, but football seems a bit weird. When we went to Old Trafford last season we got very heavily searched and got the impression that's what they were looking for.

Not surprised coke is popular at football, people start drinking at 6am before a 3pm kick off in London for example so always gonna be used really. Getting full of cowies is a bit daft though. :lol:

To be honest I'm seeing it more at home games as well, especially cup games where tickets are more affordable.

It is becoming a big problem now because these people are half out of it, then every so often start with racist/abusive chants, and often there are kids around or even with them. I guess it's started becoming a problem when the turnstiles become automated and the person behind it does nothing but sit there. They used to be able to identify those who were in this state and tell them not to bother coming in, now they don't even notice them.

Having the police in the ground with a few sniffer dogs (especially at cup games) should help prevent the problem, a few arrests and pretty soon word goes around and those who do either don't bother coming back, or don't take the drugs.

To be honest I'm seeing it more at home games as well, especially cup games where tickets are more affordable.

It is becoming a big problem now because these people are half out of it, then every so often start with racist/abusive chants, and often there are kids around or even with them. I guess it's started becoming a problem when the turnstiles become automated and the person behind it does nothing but sit there. They used to be able to identify those who were in this state and tell them not to bother coming in, now they don't even notice them.

Having the police in the ground with a few sniffer dogs (especially at cup games) should help prevent the problem, a few arrests and pretty soon word goes around and those who do either don't bother coming back, or don't take the drugs.

Or they just take all their gear before they reach the ground.

Or they just take all their gear before they reach the ground.

Like I said, you just refuse them entry.

It is becoming a big problem now because these people are half out of it, then every so often start with racist/abusive chants

:lol:

This is a hilarious picture of the effect of drugs, people drifting in and out of consciousness shouting racist abuse now and then.

I think it's a sad sign of the times. :( When I used to go to away games, there would be some self-policing from older supporters - but does this not go on now? Have some of the characters just disappeared or can't be arsed to get involved anymore?

Me personally - I just don't see the appeal of getting pissed before a game, or being off my tits on something. It's just an excuse for acting like a prick and spoiling it for others. I kinda feel a bit sorry for those parents who take their bairns to away games (as I'd maybes like to when my 8 year old gets a bit older)

Guest firetotheworks

Has it really changed for the worse? In the 80s you were liable to get your head caved in at an away day.

I've only been going for the last decade, but it's always been 90% pisses up dafties having a good time. Rarely have a spoilt day as a result of it.

Exactly, anyone who went through the '80s can't possibly suggest that it's worse now like. I dunno how that would even be possible unless all of the violence now is just being quietly ignored by the media.

We've been saying it for a few years. I'm the youngest lad of 4 in my family so going to the games with my brothers and my dad has always been the norm. Fans have always been self governed, be that family or friends, but these little shits play off each other. If I stepped out of line I'd get told to shut up, be given a dead leg or simply not allowed to be at the next game (at 28 the first two still happen). Gone are the days of the middle aged fan squaring up to problem fans just to send the shit up them. Do that now and you never see a game again.

We all enjoy a drink and we all get passionate but there's being a cock and then there's being a cunt. Far too many of these kids have been shipped out for the day and have no guidance on how to act. It's all just one big laugh. Most aren't old enough to drink in bars so come off the buses pissed and high when most others are soaking up the pre match atmosphere with like the rest of us.

I've been a regular at away games for well over a decade and know the faces of many of the regulars but I can't remember ever getting so pissed off with any of that lot. It's got to the point where games and trips are becoming frustrating, irritating and tarnished.

We have always had a large number of knackers in our away support like, seen them crashed out on the terraces pissed and such, but the difference then was our following was stocked with mad, funny characters. Was there yesterday and at Fulham and their was a lot of moronic, mongish behaviour without any humour, really. Some of the chants were alright ' your  ground' s too big for you' etc but most of it is repetitive and a bit tedious. Won't go back to Villa, very poor away trip, absolute shitehole and their ridiculously precious fans are made for each other

The fact that this is seen as one of the better chants is fucking hilarious, like. :lol:

We've been saying it for a few years. I'm the youngest lad of 4 in my family so going to the games with my brothers and my dad has always been the norm. Fans have always been self governed, be that family or friends, but these little shits play off each other. If I stepped out of line I'd get told to shut up, be given a dead leg or simply not allowed to be at the next game (at 28 the first two still happen). Gone are the days of the middle aged fan squaring up to problem fans just to send the shit up them. Do that now and you never see a game again.

We all enjoy a drink and we all get passionate but there's being a cock and then there's being a cunt. Far too many of these kids have been shipped out for the day and have no guidance on how to act. It's all just one big laugh. Most aren't old enough to drink in bars so come off the buses pissed and high when most others are soaking up the pre match atmosphere with like the rest of us.

I've been a regular at away games for well over a decade and know the faces of many of the regulars but I can't remember ever getting so pissed off with any of that lot. It's got to the point where games and trips are becoming frustrating, irritating and tarnished.

Worst I've seen recently was a lad about 14 with some blokes in their 40s who let him get absolutely fucking mortal and thought it was a great laugh that he was chucking pints about and racially abusing passers by in the street.

Guest Howaythetoon

We've been saying it for a few years. I'm the youngest lad of 4 in my family so going to the games with my brothers and my dad has always been the norm. Fans have always been self governed, be that family or friends, but these little s***s play off each other. If I stepped out of line I'd get told to shut up, be given a dead leg or simply not allowed to be at the next game (at 28 the first two still happen). Gone are the days of the middle aged fan squaring up to problem fans just to send the s*** up them. Do that now and you never see a game again.

We all enjoy a drink and we all get passionate but there's being a cock and then there's being a c***. Far too many of these kids have been shipped out for the day and have no guidance on how to act. It's all just one big laugh. Most aren't old enough to drink in bars so come off the buses p*ssed and high when most others are soaking up the pre match atmosphere with like the rest of us.

I've been a regular at away games for well over a decade and know the faces of many of the regulars but I can't remember ever getting so p*ssed off with any of that lot. It's got to the point where games and trips are becoming frustrating, irritating and tarnished.

Its like this in pubs and clubs across the country. Its a generational thing I think. Ladz bantz, cheap booze, binge drinking, accessible drugs and the goading of others by others. When I was younger and got smashed, my mates would send me home in a taxi. I see young lads (and lasses) out clearly smashed and they become the jester to their friends and all kinds of bother often ensues.

It is becoming a big problem now because these people are half out of it, then every so often start with racist/abusive chants

:lol:

This is a hilarious picture of the effect of drugs, people drifting in and out of consciousness shouting racist abuse now and then.

We need to educate people on the telltale signs that someone is on drugs

CtdY7ReW8AAiC7I.jpg:large

I don't think it's a problem with our away support, I think it's a problem with the whole of Britain. Years ago the amount of people doing coke was tiny so they kept it well hidden, now they're almost in the majority so they don't have to. And that's the issue I have - it's not big or clever and you're breaking the law, so at least pretend like you're going for your 5th shit of the evening!