Rotherham United 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 01/10/16 post match blather from p23

BlueStar

Colback was fine today like. Can only be agenda-driven bollocks that would lead you to think he was 's***'.

He was okay today, not sure what you mean by 'agenda-driven bollocks' though. He's still fucking terrible the overwhelming majority of times that he pulls on the black-and-white shirt.

Mitro there man, pathetic.

What's he done now?

Absolutely nothing, he was very effective when he came on, should have started, him and Gayle up front and we would have won by a few.

Effective, he did nothing of note and give it away a few times.

Ahh so he just gave it away? Thought it was going to be something else

Guest neesy111

Some people's faux vitriol against Mitrovic is pretty amusing.

Please.

Stop the cult hero status and predictions of quite a few of him ripping up this division then I'll stop my expectations of him.

He's started one game in which we won 6-0 and we wouldn't have won against Norwich without his contribution, hardly fair to say he wouldn't live up to those expectations with more minutes.

You can't really judge anyone with so little playing time and that goes for anyone in the squad.

Guest Howaythetoon

You see I don't mind these type of performances on the road, in fact I like them because it shows steel and something we have lacked for entity and that is the ability to grind out wins. It's when we are so conservative at home that pisses me off because we could do some damage to teams. Good win, onwards and upwards.

The quality of punditry is so bad on channel 5, one pundit's analysis of the goal was literally "he cut inside and scored" and then they basically said Rotherham were unlucky because they had 2 decent chances not mentioning any of the chances we missed too. Rotherham never really looked that likely to score.

The quality of punditry is so bad on channel 5, one pundit's analysis of the goal was literally "he cut inside and scored" and then they basically said Rotherham were unlucky because they had 2 decent chances not mentioning any of the chances we missed too. Rotherham never really looked that likely to score.

They did hit the woodwork twice :lol: but yeat, I agree with the general point.  Although, in defence of these pundits, I bet they're going off so little.  Probably just the highlights.

proverbial cup final for them and they played like it. we're gonna find lower teams playing above themselves and giving us more of a game than they do other teams.

You would expect that though, but then you'd expect us to be a lot more ruthless picking them off on the counter. The football still isn't very polished at this time, a lot of misplaced passes and poor final delivery.

And yet we still should have scored at least 3 or 4 today. The football wasn't pretty last time we were in the championship either, but we won games on a regular basis. We are doing okay, bar the odd few sloppy mistakes.

I haven't bothered with it once, what with the highlights going up online about half an hour after the full time whistle.

Same as we said for The Football League Show, having punditry for such a massive collection of games and topics is pointless because no one can possibly be educated enough on the day's events. Waste of time.

It wasn't some master game plan from Rafa where we looked comfortable throughout, we were getting battered first half and last 10 minutes, only the post stood between 0-1 and 1-1 at the end from a very good chance.

3 points, another win is the main thing, but I think we were outplayed for the most part and fortunate to come away with the 3.