Barnsley 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 18/10/16 - Post-match reaction from page 16

Dave

Diame was f***ing awful yesterday, at one point in the second half you could tell he didn't want the ball either.

its this................and the reason he gets stick is that the f***er is on a million a year for waltzing round pretending to be a footballer, absolute shitehawk

£15mil down the drain

Yup. Diame was terrible. A bit better in the second half after Shelvey had a word a couple of times. His touch was so bad amd his passing worse.

First half was pretty poor with us lowering ourselves to their level with balls hoofed up, much better second half when we passed it about a bit.

As above we had a nightmare getting away. Ended up dumping the car, grabbing some food and waiting almost an hour before we got moving!

Didn't listen last night, as was out at a comedy club - but it sounds like another good, professional away win and 2 more goals for Gayle (who looks a class signing) Great to be feeling positive about NUFC again.

Away support looked incredible from the pics and videos I've seen. Well done to those that were down there. :)

Guest firetotheworks

Need to hound him out before he gets the chance I reckon.

:thup: Some of our fans continue to act pathetically, even after Rafa has said that we need to get behind the players. He's been here a couple of months and loads of people still think that telling someone they're shit is motivation. Ironically, if that were the case, tubes,  shintonsghost and a few others would be the posting equivalents of Pele, but funnily enough being told they're shit hasn't improved them at all.

Yeah definitely. It's not like players sometimes take a dip in form and start suffering from a lack of confidence or anything.

Seriously while I haven't seen him pull up any trees yet, I haven't seen anything which warrants the levels of criticism he seems to get from some on here either. He'll come good.

Bit embarrassed by the stuff I hear on those periscope things, bile filled reactions at the slightest thing. Calling folk cunts at the drop of a hat. Adam Johnson chants and some bloke just randomly shouted Paedophile whilst a Barnsley player whilst he was taking a throw in. Don't get it.

Nobody is getting hounded out. Nee need to shit ourselves at the slightest hint of a player being criticised for poor performances.

If that's how you describe the criticism of Diame then I'd hate to imagine what you'd consider a barrage of hatred.

Read the four posts in a row on this very page from mozy to sparkzter - hardly "slightest hint of criticism".

I was parked in some leisure centre or something, was well over an hour sitting in the car before we moved.

We parked on a side street about 5 minutes walk from the ground, got out really quickly. Never use car parks as they tend to be a nightmare to get out of.

The one thing I will say is the away end is incredibly hard to get out of when it is full, so very few exits for the amount of supporters there. If there was ever an emergency it would be a complete nightmare situation that would end very badly.

Nobody is getting hounded out. Nee need to s*** ourselves at the slightest hint of a player being criticised for poor performances.

If that's how you describe the criticism of Diame then I'd hate to imagine what you'd consider a barrage of hatred.

Read the four posts in a row on this very page from mozy to sparkzter - hardly "slightest hint of criticism".

Mine was tongue in cheek fwiw

Nobody is getting hounded out. Nee need to s*** ourselves at the slightest hint of a player being criticised for poor performances.

Mine was tongue in cheek fwiw

Too subtle for me, like. I picked up on the irony of Disco, but not yours :thup:

Nobody is getting hounded out. Nee need to shit ourselves at the slightest hint of a player being criticised for poor performances.

This is an Internet forum. Internet forum discussions do not equate to 'hounding out'.

By the logic on here, Shola was hounded out for a decade. The odd nasty comment at the match and a bit of stick online is something every professional in the game has to go through.

:thup: Some of our fans continue to act pathetically, even after Rafa has said that we need to get behind the players. He's been here a couple of months and loads of people still think that telling someone they're shit is motivation. Ironically, if that were the case, tubes,  shintonsghost and a few others would be the posting equivalents of Pele, but funnily enough being told they're shit hasn't improved them at all.

Im criticising a £15 million player who is getting paid over a million quid a year, hes playing in an important dynamic position in a team but is offering fuck all.

The deal is done, the money is wasted, although Perez has lost his way id say youd get more of everything out of him in that position. Hes not getting any better and i cant think of a single bit of contribution in the last 6/7 games hes played as a number "10"...

He doesnt tackle, cant spot a pass, doesnt put their defence under pressure, win a ball in the air etc etc.

Needs dropped, weakest link in the team by a distance.

Hounding him out? Fuck me im a fan on the internet giving an opinion on what i watch .

Guest firetotheworks

He gets stick at matches FS. Glad to hear that he was getting support last night though. :thup:

Plus Shola was shit for a decade, that's why. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Im criticising a £15 million player who is getting paid over a million quid a year, hes playing in an important dynamic position in a team but is offering fuck all.

The deal is done, the money is wasted, although Perez has lost his way id say youd get more of everything out of him in that position. Hes not getting any better and i cant think of a single bit of contribution in the last 6/7 games hes played as a number "10"...

He doesnt tackle, cant spot a pass, doesnt put their defence under pressure, win a ball in the air etc etc.

Hounding him out? Fuck me im a fan on the internet giving an opinion on what i watch .

Why are you still calling him a £15m player ffs? :lol: It just highlights your ignorance that you've continued thinking he's a £15m player despite everyone taking the piss out of you for doing so. :lol:

Barnsley is a disaster to get out of.

Solid win, as comfortable as Saturday. Like this.

Really?! Took us 10mins straight after the game [emoji38]

FTR Diame was poor but unfairly criticised as I feel is too often the case these days. Namely down to the fact we have a retarded element of our fan base.

The kid needs confidence, he doesn't hide and his overall game play is average at present.

He is older than you, child.

Considering how poorly he played I thought Diame escaped any real criticism from the stands. The support on the whole was generally encouraging all night.

His touch is the main area for concern. He miscontrols it frequently and it doesn't just run out of his reach, it bounces right off him. His anticipation stinks too. Always moves once something has happened when it's all too late. I'd personally like to see Ayoze given a run of games in that position as coming in for a start once a month can't be helping him improve his under par performances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diame was fucking awful yesterday, at one point in the second half you could tell he didn't want the ball either.

That would be unusual for him, if anything he could be guilty of holding the ball too long previously. In any case I trust Rafa's judgement 100% and if he keeps on picking him and we keep winning, fuck what anyone else thinks.

:thup: Some of our fans continue to act pathetically, even after Rafa has said that we need to get behind the players. He's been here a couple of months and loads of people still think that telling someone they're s*** is motivation. Ironically, if that were the case, tubes,  shintonsghost and a few others would be the posting equivalents of Pele, but funnily enough being told they're s*** hasn't improved them at all.

Im criticising a £15 million player who is getting paid over a million quid a year, hes playing in an important dynamic position in a team but is offering f*** all.

Hounding him out? f*** me im a fan on the internet giving an opinion on what i watch .

Why are you still calling him a £15m player ffs? [emoji38] It just highlights your ignorance that you've continued thinking he's a £15m player despite everyone taking the p*ss out of you for doing so. [emoji38]

He's just telling it like it is.  HWTL

Diame was fucking awful yesterday, at one point in the second half you could tell he didn't want the ball either.

That would be unusual for him, if anything he could be guilty of holding the ball too long previously. In any case I trust Rafa's judgement 100% and if he keeps on picking him and we keep winning, fuck what anyone else thinks.

It was a brief 5 minute spell around 70 minutes and you could just tell Diame knew he was having a stinker. He did make a few poor decisions on the counter attack by holding the ball too long as well. The general lack of anticipation was the main frustration for me, caught on his heels countlessly when he should have been on the move.