Newcastle United v Ipswich Town - 22/10/16 at 3pm (not on TV)

Disco

In a season which will be mostly very enjoyable there will be a few bumps along the way which will be very disappointing at the time. I wonder if tomorrow may be one of those bumps or whether after the three we have already had there won't be any more for a while ?

Them quotes from MM :lol:

Mbemba recovered from a grass burn so likely to be back in the squad :thup: Imagine it'll be the same team as Barnsley though with maybe Colback in for Hayden unfortunately.

Them quotes from MM [emoji38]

Mbemba recovered from a grass burn so likely to be back in the squad :thup: Imagine it'll be the same team as Barnsley though with maybe Colback in for Hayden unfortunately.

A grass burn [emoji38]

they knack.

In a season which will be mostly very enjoyable there will be a few bumps along the way which will be very disappointing at the time. I wonder if tomorrow may be one of those bumps or whether after the three we have already had there won't be any more for a while ?

Was looking at some stats earlier. We really need to make this period count. We've only got Ipswich (12th), Sheff Wed and Brum to play in the top half before the halfway point. The rest are all in the bottom half including 5 of the bottom 6.

However, strangely enough we are playing all of the current top six at home in the first half of the season and then have to go away to them all in the new year. You might argue that with our away form that's not an issue, but I still think I'd rather have them at home than away.

Both Brighton and Burnley only lost five games last season, and Burnley played the entire second half of the season without losing a single game.

Therefore it's important to get points on the board before a tough Feb/March.

Seems a relatively low key build to this, dont sense the same buzz weve had for the lsst few games of this season.

I'll take it as a good thing but I hope it doesnt mean the fans will turn up thinkng a win is a given as thats when we will struggle.

Seems a relatively low key build to this, dont sense the same buzz weve had for the lsst few games of this season.

I'll take it as a good thing but I hope it doesnt mean the fans will turn up thinkng a win is a given as thats when we will struggle.

if we don't win rafa wants sacked.

May well be a positive thing, when we went on a good run last time, going into the wolves game, there seemed to be an air of complaceny, don't sense that this time round.

Aye i like Ipswich - decent club with sensible fans, always seemed like a proper club, throwback to the days before sky money went mental etc.

Remember going there in 2009 when we were last in the Championship, pretty emotional day paying tribute to Sir Bobby, Nd always remember, at the end of the game, whuch we'd won 4 nil, loads of there fans cllse to the away end were gesturing over to us clapping in a mutual.sign of respect, nice moment.

Ipswich..We voted them the plainest town with the plainest beer and plainest women (3-2 defeat the season we nearly went down, peacock 2), it was a dull town, likeable though, no snideyness, no spite and they know their stuff football wise. If I weren't a Geordie it's the type of place that wouldn't be so bad football wise, again.

Ipswich are a team I find hard to dislike. Whenever you come across other fans they always have the element of the 'big I am'. With SBR's success at them it would be easy for them to reflect upon that and think modern day football owes them something, but they get on it with it and suck up how the club is when you could argue that a club with their fans and history deserve better.