Newcastle United vs Birmingham City - 10/12/16 @ 15:00 - No TV

I know we are in danger of clapping for every tragedy known to man but it's came to light last night that the young Sunderland fan Bradley Lowery has got worse and medics haves advised his family to take him home.

A fans group on Facebook are asking folk to clap and chant his name on the 5th minute. Least we can do. Can't begin to think how his family feel right now

I know we are in danger of clapping for every tragedy known to man but it's came to light last night that the young Sunderland fan Bradley Lowery has got worse and medics haves advised his family to take him home.

A fans group on Facebook are asking folk to clap and chant his name on the 5th minute. Least we can do. Can't begin to think how his family feel right now

It is utterly tragic but all this clapping during minutes at matches is getting absolutely ridiculous!

It's been picked up by the media now;

http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/update/2016-12-08/nufc-fans-unite-for-terminally-ill-bradley-lowery/

Lets hope we don't have a shithouse ref for this....

I don't feel in the mood for making predictions any more after the Forest farce. You'd like to think it was a one off but it's not. Assuming we don't get shafted by the officials we'll win comfortably. If we end up with 8 men we might not.

Like everyone I wish the kid and his family well and hope he can recover but this is just downright silly.

Like everyone I wish the kid and his family well and hope he can recover but this is just downright silly.

Totally agree. Absolutely devastating news and I can't even put into words how sad I am that this incredibly brave little boy and his family probably aren't going to get the happy ending everyone prayed they would get but these minutes' applause have lost all meaning now and it seems like someone is trying to organise one for just about every match. Being totally brutal, it isn't going to make any long term difference to the plight of this special little boy either. I'd stand there and clap in my seat for the entire 90 minutes if it would make a blind bit of difference, but sadly it won't.

The people on Facebook who initiate these and most who comment rarely go to games. A couple of lads on my facebook are always giving it the "let's clap for this" rubbish and the furthest they go to a game is the local social club for the dodgy stream.

If we clap for one person with a terrible illness, then we may as well start clapping for them all and clap for the entire duration of every match we play in.

It's an incredibly sad story but I don't like how some get more press and intention than others. There are millions of children in this world suffering terrible living conditions, illnesses and lives yet we take time to notice just a few cases.

The 17th minute was slightly different as they were two football fans dying on the way to a football match. It's entirely football related. But again, it has run its course.

Guest reefatoon

There's still people who get out of their chairs on the 17th minute man :lol:

And that's after the family of one of the lads who lost his life asking people to stop doing it.

What dickheads

They have every right to ask fans to stop clapping, no need for that like.

Guest neesy111

The 17th minute clap has to stop.  People need to move on, if people didn't then the whole world would just be grief all the time.  Do it once a season or something.

Guest reefatoon

If fans want to see an end to the clapping on the 17th minute, I think we should maybe see how many are behind it by having a minute's clap on the 16th minute.