Wigan Athletic 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 14/12/16 - Post-match reaction from pg11

BlueStar

Don't think we were great; what I thought of was all the times people said the Championship was a tough league and it wouldn't be a walk in the park... Fact is the gulf is enormous because we are walking it at the moment, but we'd be under real pressure if we played like that in the Premiership...

Lush goal from Diame mind. Great steal and run by Hayden to support, and Diame with the strength, nous and composure to do the real hard work. Great team play. Just better than what they're up against.

Just back home. Terrible game, terrible performance, terrible atmosphere, great 3 points!

Reminded me of some of the early games of the season where it doesn't feel comfortable (as a fan) doing the bare minimum and winning comfortably. The concern always for me is if the opposition scores we won't be able to pick the performance level up to compete. The whole game felt a bit pointless (like we were always going to win) but it was great walking away from there with a win knowing we won't be back for a long long time.

That said I'll settle for the same again at Burton!

Got back in from the match, their fans have got to be one of the quietest set of fans I have ever come across. You could see the gulf in quality when actually a better team might have punished us with the way they started in the second half. Anyway 3 points and onto the next one.

Some great passing and physical play from us in the first half today.

Not the greatest performance but yet another comfortable victory.

Lascelles had an absolute shocker today like.

Diame was good, his goal was excellent.

A win on Saturday will set us up to have a lovely Christmas before football resumes.

Didn't think Lacelles was that bad. One moment stands out where their fat Dutch winger was in a great position but he covered and made an excellent block and won and goal kick n all in the process. Excellent defending.

A win on Saturday will set us up to have a lovely Christmas before football resumes.

Didn't think Lacelles was that bad. One moment stands out where their fat Dutch winger was in a great position but he covered and made an excellent block and won and goal kick n all in the process. Excellent defending.

Aye, that was great defending. It's just a shame he spent the other 91 minutes passing the ball out of play and to Wigan players :lol:

There was a run in the first half by a Wigan player where he lunged in and was lucky to narrowly miss the Wigan player or it'd have been a pen.

He was rubbish, but most of the others were too. He just seemed to stand out more imo.

Aye, that was great defending. It's just a shame he spent the other 91 minutes passing the ball out of play and to Wigan players :lol:

There was a run in the first half by a Wigan player where he lunged in and was lucky to narrowly miss the Wigan player or it'd have been a pen.

He was rubbish, but most of the others were too. He just seemed to stand out more imo.

I thought dummet was the worst, was found wanting a few times and contributed fuck all. We could argue about Lacelles but at least he had one clear excellent moment in the game. Dummett is our biggest weakness in my opinion.

I thought Clarke was worse for giving the ball away. Every long ball he tried went absolutely no where near anyone and even a couple of short balls were shite.

I thought Clarke was worse for giving the ball away. Every long ball he tried went absolutely no where near anyone and even a couple of short balls were shite.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02232/kenClarke_2232827k.jpg