Clark

Darlow

Gayle

Hayden

Ritchie

Shelvey

And even then they are average...

We need real quality!

I'd say we need to add about 5 quality players and we'll be absolutely fine.

Exactly, people going way overboard with the standard of competition in the PL outside the top seven.

Exactly, people going way overboard with the standard of competition in the PL outside the top seven.

Agree.  Keeping a core of this squad together will be a positive.  Need to improve our spine, CB, CM, CF, quality out wide and a number 10 would be great. 

To stay up i agree, but to be comfortable mid table the 7 or 8 players being asked for is probably accurate.

Guest neesy111

PL has moved up in quality across the league, can't use points of what teams are on as barometers for the quality of the league. If you actually watched the PL this season, you would had seen better games and quality compared to previous seasons across the board minus the bottom 2 IMO.

Voice of reason there Dave. Ffs players like Sissoko, Gosling, Gini and Simpson who have been slated on here still play in the division, it didn't suddenly get 10 times better in the year we've been away. We do need to improve, but we don't need to completely rebuild, unless we are targeting the title next season which we surely are not.

Sell Mitro and Perez, get Llorente and Sigurdsson. Pay the wages and they would come, I reckon. Llorente offers goals, but in completely different way to Gayle.

Though they look like they'll get relegated, Swansea are fourth in the PL with goals from set pieces. If job#1 is to get established back in the league, making the most of set pieces strikes me as easier than trying to break down teams with far better defenders than we've been playing. Marginal gains etc. etc.

Aside from the fact they'd both have no sell on value, will be able to move to way more attractive propositions than ourselves then yes, they'd be good. A large percentage of our fans would nay like that 'lazy Spanish bastard' though.

Guest TheBallWinner

Would prefer Sissoko back and Cairney as top targets.

And a quality LB, DM and CF.

Can't see Mitrovic staying.

Aside from the fact they'd both have no sell on value, will be able to move to way more attractive propositions than ourselves then yes, they'd be good. A large percentage of our fans would nay like that 'lazy Spanish b******' though.

I know that's Ashley's obsession, but come to think of it, one consideration should actually be getting more experience into the squad to play at a higher level. We've been putting out teams with Gouffran as the senior pro as Darlow as third oldest. Maybe that's why we've been falling back instead of pressing on when ahead in games.

If Fulham don't go up, then yeah Cairney looks great. With Sigurdsson, he's had the experience of not really playing for Spurs, so we'd have to attract him with a combination of Rafa, first-team football, and wages. I don't think it's out of the question.

He'll be in MLS in a year or two on crazy wages

This summer by all accounts. That said it's every summer for the past three years by all accounts.

While I won't turn my nose up at a new RB we have strength in numbers there. I would offer Anita another deal. Yedlin has the talent to step up. Sterry is still an unknown quantity and who knows whether gomez will be worth keeping.

A CB, LB, DM, AM, 2x Wingers, a top quality striker would be what I'm hoping for two strikers if we bin mitro or Perez.

Most of the loanees will be back and hard to shift too. If he could just stay fit I'd keep DeJong and krul. Saviet is an unknown quantity. Riviere needs binning asap.

Guest palnese

Around 200 Million= Challenge for the top 6

Around 100 Million= 7-12th

Around 75 Million= Mid table security/mediocrity

Around 50 Million= Relegation fight

Around 30 Million= Relegation

Yeah, that's how it works :lol:

A lot of people have put a striker as a "must have", and we do need to improve our options up front, but we're going to have spend a heap of cash to get an upgrade on Mitrovic. Remember, he cost a lot just two years ago. I'd rather we plug the holes in the starting line up before we start improving the bench.