Newcastle United v Sheffield Wednesday - 26/12/16 @ 7.45pm (live on Sky Sports)

Disco

Wouldn't mind seeing Diame in midfield with Mitro off Gayle assuming Voldemort isn't available.

Would have agreed with that up until a couple of weeks but he's been probably our best performer in the past 3 games so I'd be reluctant to move him now he's finally found his feet playing behind Gayle. In saying that the thought of him, Mitrovic and Gayle all starting sounds good as well, especially at home where we should be going at our opponents right from the first whistle like we did v Birmingham.

If Tiote's passing to Yedlin at HT of the Birmingham game is anything to go by then we're fucked if he's the solution to absolutely anything.

It also looked like Yedlin was legit pissed off with him, so maybe he's not part of the whatsapp group of #nufcbantzlads

Or maybe I've got no idea what I'm talking about.

I would play Tiote, he will do well.

In place of Shelvey? Really? Shelvey has been spraying 50 and 60 yard balls around to feet all season and from what I can remember of Tiote he struggles to complete a 5 yard pass.

Obviously not going to ask him to do what Shelvey does, perhaps protecting the back four more with him and Hayden, will allow us to play with a more offensive front 4.

If you're looking for like for like with Shelvey then there's only little Vurn who comes anywhere near the range of passing skills.

Anita has never shown himself to be a good long range passer, it's the main reason why our tactics under McClaren were so shit.

We struggle against teams who put every man and his dog behind the ball, we need to find a way around that.

Not that I think Sheff Wed will do that, I think they'll come looking to play football which will only benefit us.

The one problem I see with Shelvey's game is that he often slows play down....note how we quickened the passing and movement against Forest just after he was sent off and scored. Quicker passing and moving is the key to breaking down massed defences in the Championship.

If we move Diame we do at least have someone who could play in the hole in Perez. I think that's the way I'd go assuming Diame is actually any good as a midfielder. I never really saw much of him before he came here so have no idea.

We struggle against teams who put every man and his dog behind the ball, we need to find a way around that.

Not that I think Sheff Wed will do that, I think they'll come looking to play football which will only benefit us.

The one problem I see with Shelvey's game is that he often slows play down....note how we quickened the passing and movement against Forest just after he was sent off and scored. Quicker passing and moving is the key to breaking down massed defences in the Championship.

I said the same after the Forest game.