Newcastle United 3-1 Notts Forest - 30/12/2016. Post match reaction from page 17

Disco

Well done, lads. :thup: I'm sure it wasn't a classic, but we still sounded comfortable for the majority of it and we've shown good character to get an important win against opposition who fucked us over not long back.

It wasn't comfortable until the sending off.

So fuck? Are you gonna be a grumpy-arse all night again?

I do think January will help anyway. We're looking good for promotion so the combined target next month will be to guarantee it and form a basis for next season and onwards in the Premier League.

:thup:

Win was the most important thing today even if the performance wasn't great. Rafa has issues to sort in midfield, however. New blood needed and Colback binning.

There's a distinct lack of any blood in midfield with Colback playing ffs

Guest neesy111

Win was the most important thing today even if the performance wasn't great. Rafa has issues to sort in midfield, however. New blood needed and Colback binning.

There's a distinct lack of any blood in midfield with Colback playing ffs

It's like 9 men with Perez also playing.  Countless times I heard him giving the ball away on commentary.

I do think January will help anyway. We're looking good for promotion so the combined target next month will be to guarantee it and form a basis for next season and onwards in the Premier League.

:thup: Easy to forget how pivotal Routledge and Williamson were to the second half of the season last time around. A couple of good signings could make a considerable difference.

Guest neesy111

Gayle loves a brace like. Important win, hopefully we can continue doing enough away from home the next few games, sort of relieved we're not at home again until Rotherham at the end of Jan. Shelvey will be back for that, won't he?

Yeap, likes scoring them in clusters.

:thup: Easy to forget how pivotal Routledge and Williamson were to the second half of the season last time around. A couple of good signings could make a considerable difference.

Snap. :lol:

FWIW Caulkin reckons we are after an attacking midfielder and a winger. Recruit Premier League quality and it should help resolve the current concerns. We got better with new signings last time.

Like the sound of this as its exactly what we need Imo.

FWIW Caulkin reckons we are after an attacking midfielder and a winger. Recruit Premier League quality and it should help resolve the current concerns. We got better with new signings last time.

Seems like Rafa just wants cover for Atsu and Diame then.

A central mid would be nice too, so hope they consider that also.

Rafa probably kept his powder dry in the summer just so he could identify where we might need to make any tweaks in January. He is a meticulous planner like.