Newcastle United 4-0 Rotherham United - 21/01/2017 post match comments from pg17

Disco

Guest neesy111

Our defence is fucking awful like but I didn't think we were too bad going forward. Obviously we can do better but it's not been too worrying imo.

Yeah it is, even when we dominate games we give away stupid chances to the opposition despite how shit they are playing.

Great timing for the goal, it's actually been a really good competitive game this, both teams giving it everything. Murphy deserved that, his hold-up play has been excellent, Ritchie has been decent, but Hayden has probably been our best player.

Thought that half was generally fine. They got the inevitable break, we had some good opportunities we should've done better with. Great goal, decisive by Shelvey.

Aye we created plenty and they didn't do much apart from the Darlow howler

Thank fuck for that. :lol:

Been impressed with Murphy's involvement. Yedlin's not been awful as such but just doesn't fill me with as much confidence as Anita. Just hasn't looked that impressive. Everything else just looks as normal; look more likely to score but equally ready to let it all be for nothing with one mistake. Fair do's to Darlow for getting back to save his own skin but he was very lucky.

Need to just keep giving the ball to each other with their back to goal, turn and shoot. I swear the closest chances were off the back of that each time. Must send their defenders' heads in a spin.

Very relieved we're going into the second half one up, cos you could envisage us getting frustrated and losing our (already pretty fragile) control on that altogether. I don't know why we're all over the place at the back; I'm nervous whenever they come forward.

On balance we definitely deserve to be in front because we've created chances and they've invited that turn-and-shoot more than once now. Glad Murphy buried it.

Do like Murphy, he seems a good target man. Was confident he'd score today and he has done.

Yedlin our best player, hopefully the lad marking Shelvey will tire and we'll go on and win comfortably.

Guest neesy111

Every time we aren't in the lead after half an hour this place pisses its pants. We deserve to be in the lead after that half and we are due to a well taken goal - happy with that. I expect us to win 3-0 now.

St James Park equally as bad a this place for moaning and groaning.

Smallwood should have been off, no doubt.

:thup:

I was starting to space out towards the end though, am I imagining it or did the referee blow the whistle for the previous challenge before Smallwood was even going in?