Oxford United vs Newcastle United - 28/01/17 @ 15:00 - No TV

HaydnNUFC

It might be a weaker team but he'll still be going out with the mentality to win it. Not like Pardew's 'efforts'.

That line up suggests he couldn't care less about the cup this year. Shame, we've had a good draw this year, but realistically we aren't good enough to challenge seriously so I can understand his thinking, even if I don't like it.

The youngsters playing are probably at League 2 level, the rest are clearly a cut above the level oxford play at. I'm not sure what people are complaining about.

It still looks fairly balanced. Barlaser, Lazaar etc need games at some point and Mitro/ Perez picks itself. We don't exactly have any other wing options and can't risk Shelvey at moment so only back 4 and keeper changed through total choice and tbf Haidara, Jesus and Hanley all have a fair bit of experience. Rafa's got this man, just chill. We won't win the cup anyway

"That line up suggests he couldn't care less about the cup this year."

We're playing Oxford.

[emoji38] Always amazes how so many fail to check their emotions at the door on game day.

They all just chuck their tampons about as soon as we change the team.

Given our recent history it's easy to jump to the conclusion that we're not going for this.

But I prefer to think Rafa has spotted some talent in reserve that he wants to take a look at.

All the young uns did alright against Brum so no reason to worry.

Given our recent history it's easy to jump to the conclusion that we're not going for this.

But I prefer to think Rafa has spotted some talent in reserve that he wants to take a look at.

There's no doubt QPR is the priority, but he'd not have picked a team he'd expect to lose.

Generally I quite like cup games for the same reason, always interested to see what our young up and coming players have got going for them. But Rafa wouldn't play that team in a league game so seems fair enough to me to assume he's not that bothered if we go out today.