Oxford 3-0 Newcastle 28/1/17 - Match Thread

Big Geordie

If Pardew or McClaren had been in charge yesterday they would be getting fucking slaughtered. A justgiving page would already have raised enough to hire the hitman.

NUFC shouldn't be getting beat off a mid table bang average lower league team. Disgraceful performance all around.

Positives - Mitro put what could be the final nails in his Toon career coffin. Perez will be the main pall-bearer.

That's at least twice I've read that point about previous managers, with this post yesterday:

If this was McClaren people would be calling for his head.

I don't really get the point to them. Rafa isn't McClaren or Pardew. I'm as disappointed with the result as anyone but are these posts suggesting we should be slaughtering Rafa and calling for him to be sacked?

Guest alijmitchell

I f***ing hate this 'you need to get priorities straight' and 'we can't expect to compete on all fronts each year' crap. As if hoying in a load of fringe players is totally acceptable. Can we not give the FA cup a go? We haven't won a thing in most people's lifetimes and we haven't progressed in the FA cup in ages. What's the f***ing point of being a fan if all it amounts to is hacking about in the premier league? Will we have a good go then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We gave it a good go in 2/3 competitions this season.

That team should have beaten Oxford, the players just did not show up on the day.

Tbh I was more pissed off with the rhetoric in the Mag article than anything, but I do also think it was a shite side to put out. Obviously those that played tried, but it was a stupid risk to take throwing the likes of Good etc in, away at a team that would be massively up for it. I love Rafa, but I'm pissed off at him about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Pardew or McClaren had been in charge yesterday they would be getting f***ing slaughtered. A justgiving page would already have raised enough to hire the hitman.

NUFC shouldn't be getting beat off a mid table bang average lower league team. Disgraceful performance all around.

Positives - Mitro put what could be the final nails in his Toon career coffin. Perez will be the main pall-bearer.

If we weren't in a very comfortable position in the promotion race then Benitez would be getting the same. Chalk and cheese.

:lol: Yesterday would have just been business as usual under Pardew or McClaren. Another box ticked on the great failure list of life. In fact they might not even have been slated for it; abject depression would have muted any vitriol at that point.

Yet things seem different under Rafa and he's not taking as much stick. I wonder why. What could it be?

:lol: Yesterday would have just been business as usual under Pardew or McClaren. Another box ticked on the great failure list of life. In fact they might not even have been slated for it; abject depression would have muted any vitriol at that point.

Yet things seem different under Rafa and he's not taking as much stick. I wonder why. What could it be?

It's ridiculous :lol:

It's almost like some people forget that Rafa has a fantastic CV, plenty of winners medals, has us picking up good results in a strong position in the league and isn't a massive arsehole, which is why he isn't subject to Pardew and McClaren abuse.

If Pardew or McClaren had been in charge yesterday they would be getting fucking slaughtered. A justgiving page would already have raised enough to hire the hitman.

wow, at least you said it...........however they were part of something that felt different to now

:lol: Yesterday would have just been business as usual under Pardew or McClaren. Another box ticked on the great failure list of life.

:lol:  That line just cracks me up for some reason. Life really was shit.

1a1a1a1a1a1a332.jpg

You want him sacked?

Don't think anone wants him sacked but he is not a god and is open to criticism when deserved and there have been a few times like today when it has been totally warranted.

That is true but imho we couldn't possible get a better manager thus making criticism counter productive to a certain extent.

From the sounds of it we missed a few chances and the score didn't fully reflect the game.

Some of the reactions such as the one I quoted to over the top for me.

My piss-take post is over the top...

As if anyone wants him sacked, man, stop looking for shit that's not there :lol:

Your post after the image didn't seem like a piss take to me.

If yesterday was under Pardew or McClaren I'd wonder what the fuck we were doing in the fourth round.

:lol:

The 'if that was [insert shit manager]' posts are fucking dismal. Oh look at you, aren't you contrary.

It had nothing to do with either of those useless fuckers. We lost because the team was too weak and the players chosen didn't do well. The failures of managers gone by literally couldn't mean less.

The game wasn't great and I kind of gave up on Mitrovic by the end. His head completely dropped after he missed the penalty which didn't help his performance.

Our support was really good until the second goal, I was surprised by the number of our support who walked out after that. I saw the lads who were scrapping as well, mental. Does anyone know why that happened? One guy was dragged out and the other was laughing his head off.

I honestly believe that it would take some sort of overnight miracle to make some Newcastle United fans happy, they will always find something to complain and moan about without looking at a bigger picture  :sad:

I honestly believe that it would take some sort of overnight miracle to make some Newcastle United fans happy, they will always find something to complain and moan about without looking at a bigger picture  :sad:

This sentiment probably doesn't belong in a thread about us losing 3-0 to Oxford United.

The difference between Rafa picking this team and the various other idiots picking a second string is that we made 5 clear cut chances and should have had the game won by half time. Pardew would have been clinging on for 0-0. He picked a team that should have been good enough to win the game, if players like Curtis Good aren't good enough against Oxford then I'm glad we found that out this way rather than paying him to do fuck all.

The difference between Rafa picking this team and the various other idiots picking a second string is that we made 5 clear cut chances and should have had the game won by half time. Pardew would have been clinging on for 0-0. He picked a team that should have been good enough to win the game, if players like Curtis Good aren't good enough against Oxford then I'm glad we found that out this way rather than paying him to do fuck all.

I think everyone on here with half a brain knew Curtis Good was shit before yesterday, like. Same goes for all of our players who've been passed around clubs in the lower leagues without anyone giving a fuck enough to sign them.

The difference between Rafa picking this team and the various other idiots picking a second string is that we made 5 clear cut chances and should have had the game won by half time. Pardew would have been clinging on for 0-0. He picked a team that should have been good enough to win the game, if players like Curtis Good aren't good enough against Oxford then I'm glad we found that out this way rather than paying him to do f*** all.

I'm sure during the 10 months that he has been here, Rafa has seen enough of Curtis Good in training to realise that he's a sack of shit and didn't need the 90 minutes yesterday to confirm that.

He picked the team yesterday with the feelings of "not arsed if we go through, not arsed if we go out".

He hadn't played a competitive game for 2 years, it was always going to be bleak.

Anyway, the people of Oxford were very friendly pre-game, seems like a nice club frustrated by the owner being a bit dificult over the fourth stand. It looks pretty ridiculous having nothing behind one of the goals

C3Q7NoLWEAAz9Qw.jpg

Oh and here's the pen, for no real reason other than the fan next to me who took it really well.