Newcastle 1-0 Derby - 4/2/17 - Match Thread - Post match reaction from p. 16

Mike

That said, 51% possession away from home is very decent. More to football than possession, of course, but it's a startling statistic.

Not really .it was an even game i thought possession wise but in class etc i thought we edged it, decent side Derby and it was a great win for us.

how did Hanley do yesterday?

Solid. Didn't put a foot wrong I thought.

maybe lascelles needs a few games  break if hanley is doing ok. Lascelles looked like he lost his head against derby.

Had a couple of iffy moments tbf, stooping to head the ball to Ritchie when it was under knee height was one. Also the centrebacks between them didn't cover themselves in glory for Anyas and particularly Inces two chances late on.

Having said that lascelles has been woeful himself lately. mbemba must have pissed in rafas porridge or something to be completely frozen put like he seems to have been.

Just seen the highlights of the last minute corners they had, ffs how does Scott Carson get away with the rugby tackles in there, would have been a travesty if they had scored from them. One the first one they had the cheek to claim a pen, when Carson is all over Lasc.

Scott Carson is and always has been a vile zombie-looking cunt.

That said, 51% possession away from home is very decent. More to football than possession, of course, but it's a startling statistic.

I thought it was what we were used to seeing with Mcclaren,  plenty of possession in defence and central midfield but no real penetration in attack until Camara came on

Solid. Didn't put a foot wrong I thought.

I think he lost Ince for that late chance but aside from that I thought he was very no nonsense. Lascelles was trying to be too clever v QPR and ended up looking stupid. If

he copied the ugly side of Hanley's game he'd be twice the player.

First half was good

Second half was poor especially after Hayden went off

Ref was infuriating

Atmosphere was terrible

Much needed 3 points

Decent atmosphere I thought. Not for the full 90 minutes but overall. Better than usual anyway.

First half was good

Ref was infuriating

Atmosphere was terrible

Much needed 3 points

Decent atmosphere I thought. Not for the full 90 minutes but overall. Better than usual anyway.

Really? I was in the Leazes and it was sounded very quiet. Even their lot didn't bother until the second half.

We got the result needed with a performance which was nothing special at all.

The game was largely scrappy football with possession being surrendered like a pin-ball machine. We were the better of 2 unimpressive sides.

Thank our lucky stars we have a top manager and move on...

First half was good

Ref was infuriating

Atmosphere was terrible

Much needed 3 points

Really? I was in the Leazes and it was sounded very quiet. Even their lot didn't bother until the second half.

I was in the Leazes as well and thought it was alright. Was quite pleased/relieved to see the crowd getting behind the players when they had the backs to the wall.

From where I was, East Stand towards Gallowgate, the atmosphere was pretty good but not great. A lot better than normal.

Agree with this, I thought it was better than normal.

It shouldn't be a factor but I did wonder if the atmosphere dropped off a tad in late first half and in the second half because people were getting wind of the shock Sunderland score (probably not), along with us failing to put the game to bed

Guest neesy111

From where I was, East Stand towards Gallowgate, the atmosphere was pretty good but not great. A lot better than normal.

Agree with this, I thought it was better than normal.

It shouldn't be a factor but I did wonder if the atmosphere dropped off a tad in late first half and in the second half because people were getting wind of the shock Sunderland score (probably not), along with us failing to put the game to bed

It sounded better on TV, not brilliant but not like the usual morgue it's become.

I thought it was what we were used to seeing with Mcclaren,  plenty of possession in defence and central midfield but no real penetration in attack until Camara came on

I've always thought the possession stats are very missleading, it should be it should be possession in opostion half to give a true reflection of which team was looking to win the game more.

I've always thought the possession stats are very missleading, it should be it should be possession in opostion half to give a true reflection of which team was looking to win the game more.

Possession stats are worthless, Leicester won the league with about 35% possession in nearly all of their games last season - yet they were more dangerous and scored more goals than most teams.

Derby had 51% possession but didn't create naff all, as was exposed by the shots statistics.

Almost all the derby posession was passing around the back. I was frustrated at our inability to disrupt that, and our inability to do it ourselves to calm the game down, but that wasn't a sign of Derby being the better team or anything. If they'd scored one of their chances at the end though we'd only have ourselves to blame for letting decent opportunities go to waste.