Norwich City v Newcastle United - 14/2/17 - 19:45 ko - No TV

HaydnNUFC

This game and the three difficult away games which follow are exactly the type of challenges that Rafa has made a very successful career out of.

Agreed, although he has done it with better players than he has here, albeit against better opposition as well so maybe balances it out.

aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhh  ffs thought this was wednesday, gone n f***ing booked a table for 730pm....she better rush the c*** doon  :rose:

For what? There's no TV. I wouldn't be rushing dinner to listen to John Anderson whine on  :lol:

Shame this game couldn't have been when they were losing every week. A draw wouldn't be a disaster.

Thing is they've been pretty consistent since the start of December. We obviously beat them in crazy circumstances at the end of September and they won a couple after that, they did go on a 5 match losing streak in the league from the end of October to the end of November which also included a league cup exit as well but since then they have been pretty consistent - they are just very good at home but pretty poor away.

We couldn't have played them in that Oct-Nov period as we just played them in September and you'll never play someone twice before December, and since then they haven't lost more than 2 on the trot. They've won 6 of 7 games at home since the end of Nov (the only defeat being Huddersfield), whereas away that win at Cardiff the other week was their first away since October 1st, and in their 10 away games since then they have won 1, drawn 3 and lost 6. Their home record is better than ours, we've played the same number of games, and they've won more, lost less, scored more, conceded less. Away to Norwich is always a tricky game and would have been whenever the game was scheduled.

I'd definitely take a point and hopefully that is backed up by 2 following wins at home

aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhh  ffs thought this was wednesday, gone n f***ing booked a table for 730pm....she better rush the c*** doon  :rose:

For what? There's no TV. I wouldn't be rushing dinner to listen to John Anderson whine on  :lol:

Still she doesnt know that  :lol:

Need another strong defensive display from our back 4 again. We used to be good going forward and had the defence that was always reliable. Without Gayle, and a shaky defence, we've looked wobbly. Glad that these two problems looks to have been solved.

Need another strong defensive display from our back 4 again. We used to be good going forward and had the defence that was always reliable. Without Gayle, and a shaky defence, we've looked wobbly. Glad that these two problems looks to have been solved.

i'm not convinced it has

Love reading opposition message boards. Every team is so ultra confident that they'll win and they have the best team ever. Ours included.

One comment in particular that I smirked at:

'If you want to beat Newcastle you have to match up with Shelvey, Colback and Diame - three big, strong guys in the centre of the park'

Love reading opposition message boards. Every team is so ultra confident that they'll win and they have the best team ever. Ours included.

'If you want to beat Newcastle you have to match up with Shelvey, Colback and Diame - three big, strong guys in the centre of the park'

giphy.gif

It's quite funny reading other oposition fans forums especially when they have a little run of good form and sudddenly they are all going to get automatic promotion and Newcastle are not that good and will drop like flys - dream on boys we still matched you all point for point (Except Huddersfield by 3 points) over the last 10 games despite having our 2 top players missing for large chunks of those. 

No Hayden in the squad still?

He was in the squad on Saturday ???

Did he make bench? Just wondering if he's still carrying a knock.

He's in the training photos from today mind - hope to god yes can't imagine that useless piece of shit being in the team again.