Huddersfield Town vs Newcastle United 4/3/17 17:30 GMT (Live on Sky)

Guest neesy111

Wonder if Gayle plays a part?

Certainly hope so. Imagine Rafa's press conference on Friday is when we'll hear further though.

Was thinking about this earlier. The 'late fitness test' has gone out of the window with Rafa here. He's so methodical he needs to be planning at least 2-3 days ahead of the game and know the personnel available. If a player isn't fit in mid-week for a weekend game then I think he rules him out, at least from the starting eleven, so that he can prepare properly.

This is probably impacting the return of Gayle, but at the same time makes sure the eleven that go out there are able to execute the plan as closely as possible (thought they did this perfectly v Brighton), whilst also reducing the chance of rushing someone back. Gayle pulling up v Villa doesn't really fall into this as scans proved no additional damage.

Yedlin was turboshit against Brighton, but he is vital against a team like Huddersfield who keep the ball a lot more. We will definitely be playing on the counter and Yedlin can be a formidable weapon.

Turboshit? What game were you watching? He had a decent game.

Didn't see the game but my friends were raving about a tall midfielder they had playing for them that usually doesn't play in the 1st team. Said they hoped he didn't play Saturday.

Billing, young Danish guy. Was decent.

Guest ElCid

See that David Prutton takes us to get beat again - he honestly has a massive issue with us us just about every game he takes us to either get beat or draw - we would be midtable at best if all his predictions had come right.

See that David Prutton takes us to get beat again - he honestly has a massive issue with us us just about every game he takes us to either get beat or draw - we would be midtable at best if all his predictions had come right.

From his predictions (couldn't find the one for when we played Blackburn away or Forest at home) from Boxing Day onwards, if they had been true, we would have picked up 14 points.

David Prutton the CM 01/02 talent from Nottingham Forest? If so, maybe he has a chip on his shoulders that Bobby brought in Jenas instead of him.

David Prutton the CM 01/02 talent from Nottingham Forest? If so, maybe he has a chip on his shoulders that Bobby brought in Jenas instead of him.

Ha ha quality!

If we accept that Murphy can't play a full 90 minutes then I expect Rafa to bring him on again rather than start him.

Why would he not be able to play 90 minutes?

Fitness, He looked well short of it when he last played.

Ha ha quality!

Jenas has even went on to get the better punditry gigs after retirement.No surprise if he resents us.

Hadn't seen much of them before Wednesday but I guess the first team play the same way, i.e. a Klopp style, Dortmund high intensity pressing game.

Will be interesting to see how Rafa sets up to counteract it.

The same we have all season. Keep it tight, cover the space and retain possession.

Hadn't seen much of them before Wednesday but I guess the first team play the same way, i.e. a Klopp style, Dortmund high intensity pressing game.

Will be interesting to see how Rafa sets up to counteract it.

The same we have all season. Keep it tight, cover the space and retain possession.

:thup:

Yeah. Wagner seems like a very competent coach but we have the master tactician. Will be interesting.

I'm really looking forward to this and tomorrow can't come fast enough. I'll settle for a draw but I think we'll be up for this one knowing how good a position we'll be in if we win it.

They will create a great atmosphere and their players will be well up for it and go for us, which plays to our style nicely IMO.

Just have to make sure we keep it tight as I think we will have more space as a result.

Can see there being more goals than the Brighton game.

Rafa will have learnt a lot from our first game against them this season when nobody really had a clue about Wagner or how Huddersfield would play. Obviously doesn't guarantee us a result but I think he would have had a game plan for them for a while now.

Rafa will have learnt a lot from our first game against them this season when nobody really had a clue about Wagner or how Huddersfield would play. Obviously doesn't guarantee us a result but I think he would have had a game plan for them for a while now.

Was thinking exactly the same thing. We'll be far better prepared this time round. I expect a tough and cagey game anyway. I'd be more confident of a win if I had more faith in our strikers, but I reckon we are good for a draw anyway.