The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Guest firetotheworks

Shows how good a coach and manager Pocchetino is that every single player in that Spurs team has got better since they signed for Spurs / under his tenure.

:thup: He's been brilliant.

Guest neesy111

Shows how good a coach and manager Pocchetino is that every single player in that Spurs team has got better since they signed for Spurs / under his tenure.

Doesn't know/understand the PL [/merson]

Have to wait till he does it in the latter stages of the Champions League to say that

I think him doing it against the English teams who regularly get the latter stages is a fair indication of what he's capable of against the non-English teams in the latter stages.

What English teams regularly get to the latter stages?

Here we go.

All of them generally get beyond the group stages. If you're talking semi finals and the final, Spurs aren't getting there or competing enough for him to be able to prove anything.

What do you mean "here we go"? [emoji38] Do you think the English teams over the last 5 years have been as good as Barca, Real, Atletico, Bayern, Juve? That's what I'm talking about. The English look like they'll make a bit of a comeback in Europe this season however

No I don't, but nor was that what you originally said or asked tbf.

FWIW, I think it's a bit of an oddity to gauge your opinion on a player based the team they face beyond a certain point, when obviously it's a team sport. It's a bit 'Messi needs to win the world cup' for me once you get to that level, because no individual is going to overcome those teams without a team that can already compete with them.

It's not really that, just Kane until this season had done nothing in Europe's elite competition. It's completely fair to hold off on calling someone the best till they prove it against the best imo.

Yeah, but that's part of the point. He hasn't really had the opportunities. He was injured last year but scored two goals in three games. You would see it crop up in Redcafe/Arsemania/RAWK conversations about Kane - "He can't do it in the CL". He never had the chance. This year he has five in two, and the narrative is now "he has to do it against the big teams in the latter stages".

It's just amusing, really. I'm not going to say he's the best in the world, but equally he hadn't "done nothing" until this season.

I'm not saying he won't btw, I think he will just that it's probably not fair to place him above others who are just as profilic and been doing it in Europe.

I'm very much aware he hasn't had the opportunity yet btw.

Have to wait till he does it in the latter stages of the Champions League to say that

I think him doing it against the English teams who regularly get the latter stages is a fair indication of what he's capable of against the non-English teams in the latter stages.

What English teams regularly get to the latter stages?

Here we go.

All of them generally get beyond the group stages. If you're talking semi finals and the final, Spurs aren't getting there or competing enough for him to be able to prove anything.

What do you mean "here we go"? [emoji38] Do you think the English teams over the last 5 years have been as good as Barca, Real, Atletico, Bayern, Juve? That's what I'm talking about. The English look like they'll make a bit of a comeback in Europe this season however

No I don't, but nor was that what you originally said or asked tbf.

FWIW, I think it's a bit of an oddity to gauge your opinion on a player based the team they face beyond a certain point, when obviously it's a team sport. It's a bit 'Messi needs to win the world cup' for me once you get to that level, because no individual is going to overcome those teams without a team that can already compete with them.

It's not really that, just Kane until this season had done nothing in Europe's elite competition. It's completely fair to hold off on calling someone the best till they prove it against the best imo.

Yeah, but that's part of the point. He hasn't really had the opportunities. He was injured last year but scored two goals in three games. You would see it crop up in Redcafe/Arsemania/RAWK conversations about Kane - "He can't do it in the CL". He never had the chance. This year he has five in two, and the narrative is now "he has to do it against the big teams in the latter stages".

It's just amusing, really. I'm not going to say he's the best in the world, but equally he hadn't "done nothing" until this season.

I'm not saying he won't btw, I think he will just that it's probably not fair to place him above others who are just as profilic and been doing it in Europe.

I'm very much aware he hasn't had the opportunity yet btw.

Which others? There's maybe 2 strikers that are as prolific and have done it in the latter stages of the CL in the last 1-2 years.  Not including M/R.

http://www.football365.com/news/f365s-early-winner-harry-kane-the-worlds-best-striker

They'll no doubt be ripping the PFM apart for saying the same thing in a couple of day like :lol:

Kane is undoubtedly world class, but the linked article almost reads like a pisstake of a PFM.

As Hans observes, here is 365 last week ripping it into Jamie Redknapp for pigeonholing the top Premier League strikers. Aguero = finisher, Lukaku = big man etc. Owt for a simple narrative to spoon feed the plebs.

I do like Football 365 like, but they need to be pulled up on a few things to stop them from essentially just parodying themselves. I've read a few things in the past few months where they've either just been massively hypocritical or are just flat out taking things out of context, I assume to fill a quota.

I do like Football 365 like, but they need to be pulled up on a few things to stop them from essentially just parodying themselves. I've read a few things in the past few months where they've either just been massively hypocritical or are just flat out taking things out of context, I assume to fill a quota.

you should write them a letter imo

This is the kind of encouragement I was looking for like, cheers. Writing it now.