The other games today 2017/18

Greg

He is entitled to his political views, but he deliberately advertises them to provoke reaction, which really doesn't help his cause. But it is quite funny, like has been mentioned, how angry he makes people who don't understand the history or Ireland and what the IRA was or stood for.

Guest firetotheworks

McClean is the perfect example of somebody who had to become a footballer because he’s too thick to do anything else.

Dunno like, think he’d make a good political activist.

Honestly think there is a good chance that he would have been some sort of IRA terrorist.

Exactly the sort of conclusion I'd expect you to jump to like.

People are quick to say about some footballers that without football they could have become criminals. With McClean’s past being shown it’s not hard to imagine that some members that remain of the IRA would be targeting people like him. Football could well have given him an outlet, a future, and saved him from being targeted from those types of people.

You really don't help yourself like.

He's right though.

All based on the numerous examples of failed footballers in Ireland and Northern Ireland who've turned to the country's only other option, being a criminal and subsequently being seduced by the IRA. You're both daft in the head.

It's based on his IRA sympathies, hero worship of McGuinness and clear hatred of this country. Not sure what your motives are for defending this odious little cunt  but i form my opinions from what he has said and done in the past.  Born 30 years earlier and no good at football and he would been prime recruiting material for the IRA.

I'm not so much defending him, more that I'm challenging the ludicrous conclusion that him not being a footballer automatically means he'd be a member of the IRA [emoji38] Do you think his sort of political opinions are limited to him or even just a few, or that there aren't men with opinions just as strong as his who aren't in the IRA?

As for his political opinions, it's a free country. I don't agree with him and he's probably been a bit antagonistic, but that doesn't mean he hates our country and all of that other brain-dead bollocks. On the whole poppy thing, what the Poppy Gestapo seem to forget is that people died to protect our right to free speech and the right to choose. The exact opposite of believing and saying what we're forced to believe and say, and wearing what they're forced to wear.

He's an absolute shitbag of a footballer though, it's fairly easy to dislike him for that.

Tim Cahill is still in the Aussie side? :lol:

Started, scored twice (his 49th and 50th for Australia). Led Australia to the final phase of World Cup qualification after we totally fucked up the group stage and had to play off twice.

37 years old. I think he’s still playing club football for one of the two Melbourne teams.

Guest neesy111

There's a rumor going round that if we go for an UDI today, the Catalan Government will force Barça to pull out from the Spanish league. Oh ffs.

UDI? Unsanctioned Declaration of Independence?

Unilateral.