Sheffield Wed 2 - 1 Newcastle United - Post-match kneejerk bukkake from p. 22

Kaizero

The stats from tonight.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2hmg0go.jpg

Certainly deserved a point.

Nah. Most of our shots on target were from Shelvey from distance.

They hit the bar with a pretty good chance and Fletcher should have scored when he missed the target and they could have been 2 up by halftime

Guest neesy111

No way did we deserve a draw tonight imo.  I still don't remember us creating any real good chances until the 85th minute, most of them were long range shots from Shelvey while they had 2/3 sitters tbh.

Guest firetotheworks

Manager was fuming tbh about it, why shouldn't the fans be?

I'm fine with this, so long as it's not directed at Rafa.

The stats from tonight.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2hmg0go.jpg

Certainly deserved a point.

I think they're some of the most meaningless stats that I've ever seen, I look at them and they don't reflect what I was watching.

Guest reefatoon

The only difference from today and most of our other games since November is the result. We have been s**** for ages but people get shot down as bed wetters and s*** like that for having a go at how poor we have been. Our form has been pants for ages. Been the shittest promotion push ever. Limp over the line and get this season out of the f***ing way, then sell the majority of this s**** and start again.

Well that doesn't surprise me, football isn't really your thing.

Or people can hold different opinions about the same thing, this might or might not surprise you but I agree with Ian.

Guest reefatoon

Controlling a game but just about scraping through every game for weeks is not the way to go about it like. Look through the run of games and it is always "well that wasn't great but the three points is what matters" when was the last time we came from a game saying "that was amazing" or "we hammered those" it's been turgid for ages and the players are just not good enough.

Guest reefatoon

We controlled the game against Wigan Athletic and Burton Albion. Erection worthy.

Yep, me might have had control but it was painful throughout.

Guest reefatoon

I agree it's not good football and I agree a lot of the players aren't good enough. But we have controlled a lot of games.

Your point that 'the only difference between today and all our games was the result' is just wrong.

Controlling a game is a lot different to puTring serious pressure on a team though Ian. We have a lot of the ball moat of the times but our chances on target to chances ratio is not great, and a lot of the time it is control and passing with ought anything happening. For example the Burton game. Lots of control but their keeper made his first save around the 60 minute mark. That is not good enough.

Guest reefatoon

Well that doesn't surprise me, football isn't really your thing.

Or people can hold different opinions about the same thing, this might or might not surprise you but I agree with Ian.

So what was the last game you sat through Mick that you truly enjoyed as a spectacle? Not talking about controlling a game here, I am talking about enjoying a game of football where we played some amazing stuff and properly showed a team a footballing lesson?

Amazing seems like something that's quite uncommon by its very nature.

:thup: I don't necessarily think the football this season has been great (leaving aside the control argument), but I sometimes wonder what people expected.  Even decent Premier League teams don't batter Championship teams when they meet in cup competitions and certainly very few teams in the Championship have seasons where they wipe the floor with other teams each week - it just doesn't happen and didn't happen in 09/10.

A lot of people, because they're thick as fuck, expected us to go unbeaten and break every record in the league therefore they are fewming every time we don't win 4 or 5 nil playing Keegan esque football.