Sheffield Wed 2 - 1 Newcastle United - Post-match kneejerk bukkake from p. 22

Kaizero

Guest reefatoon

A lot of people, because they're thick as f***, expected us to go unbeaten and break every record in the league therefore they are fewming every time we don't win 4 or 5 nil playing Keegan esque football.

Absolutely wrong from start to finish and smacking of over exaggeration. No one expected this at all but keep up your constant slagging off of your fellow fans.

Amazing seems like something that's quite uncommon by its very nature.

:thup: I don't necessarily think the football this season has been great (leaving aside the control argument), but I sometimes wonder what people expected.  Even decent Premier League teams don't batter Championship teams when they meet in cup competitions and certainly very few teams in the Championship have seasons where they wipe the floor with other teams each week - it just doesn't happen and didn't happen in 09/10.

I personally expected better than having to endure Gouffran playing CM in April, like. I don't really blame Rafa one bit but we've needlessly made this part of the season a bit of tense scrap to grab points and go.

Guest reefatoon

we sold out our allocation yet still loads empty seats in the away end.

Where?

Wasn't any near me, with loads of people also having to stand on the stairs.

Below you guys behind the goal was empty. Shocking really.

Where?

quite a few - there was a row of 4 right next to us and a block of about 20 on the other side of the aisle. wondering if it was just people moving and bunching up next to their mates.

Where?

That was Home fans, unlucky.

:thup: I don't necessarily think the football this season has been great (leaving aside the control argument), but I sometimes wonder what people expected.  Even decent Premier League teams don't batter Championship teams when they meet in cup competitions and certainly very few teams in the Championship have seasons where they wipe the floor with other teams each week - it just doesn't happen and didn't happen in 09/10.

I personally expected better than having to endure Gouffran playing CM in April, like. I don't really blame Rafa one bit but we've needlessly made this part of the season a bit of tense scrap to grab points and go.

Don't disagree with that - but that isn't what I've said.

Guest reefatoon

Where?

That was Home fans, unlucky.

Weird cunt.

Seems just about every single game Rafa has been annoyed with how the team have controlled the game. One thing is for sure need a major overhaul in the summer if this team is to progress otherwise can see nothing but a season long struggle ahead. Will that overhaul happen and will Rafa still be here I'm not convinced as January demonstrated some worrying signs and a return to form from those running the club.

I only saw the second half today and what struck me was that while we started off very well going forward, we never had control because we looked shaky at the back. No surprise then that Rafa seemed more agitated than usual in his interview after the game, his game plan is based on being able to deal with whatever the opposition can throw at us, then exploit their weaknesses. Our defenders haven't been able to deal with championship attacks from set pieces, no wonder he's pissed off.

Where?

Going off at a tangent, what was really weird was at the other end of the stadium every seat directly behind the goal was unsold as well, literally a block of about 20 seats the same size and shape as the goal. Very odd.

was nervous about this match until i heard the huddersfield score. thought that would relax the players and they would step up and get at least a point. worst away performance of the season.

rafa could have injected a little pace into the team bringing subs on earlier. even sammy wouldnt have any worse than gouffran had been.

By this time in 09/10 we were absolutely rampant tbh, at home anyway.

By this time in 09/10 we were absolutely rampant tbh.

7 years ago

Despite the result and that the bus almost left me and my friend at the services in Leeds, that was the best away day.

Good atmosphere from us, and a good atmosphere from Wednesday fans (mostly after they scored). Not the prettiest of stands from the outside, but Hillsborough certainly has character.

I hope one of Wednesday, Leeds, or Huddersfield come up with us, though it would be nice if Wednesday could do us a favour and stop beating us.

17757085_10212284193716816_7778803067414448044_n.jpg?oh=c36bb6c16939042bb4ba51910c7ccc2b&oe=5997D2E3

17634375_10212284193676815_4753048466560541234_n.jpg?oh=cdf30ef0aca1e0844c2fbbeb864dd613&oe=59576EF6

17760031_10212285953520810_3487272404080507781_n.jpg?oh=a338e0b73b1d7c2c0520e93a14bf21d4&oe=5958DF24

We kicked on towards the end pretty much thanks to the signing of Routledge, tbf.

We kicked on towards the end pretty much thanks to the signing of Routledge, tbf.

Yep, pretty much every home game after the January window up until sealing the title was a complete mismatch.

We were pissing the league anyway by then. Routledge was a nice bonus, he wasn't a deciding factor.

We were pissing the league anyway by then. Routledge was a nice bonus, he wasn't a deciding factor.

Yip and even when we weren't looking dominant we went out to try and and win as opposed to "control" games.

Yip and even when we weren't looking dominant we went out to try and and win as opposed to "control" games.

That's because it was easier to win games against teams that couldn't score in a month of Sundays. My abiding memory of that season was that no matter how bad we played we were never punished, but we had plenty of goalscorers and a pretty mean defence. Our midfield was shit though.

That's because it was easier to win games against teams that couldn't score in a month of Sundays. My abiding memory of that season was that no matter how bad we played we were never punished, but we had plenty of goalscorers and a pretty mean defence. Our midfield was s*** though.

You don't see some of that this season ?

He was a deciding factor in us dicking teams to shreds, like. Our football was much more entertaining after we signed him.

I completely disagree that he wasn't a deciding factor. He was the best winger in the league, and he joined a team that didn't at the time have a right-sided player to speak of. In the process his signing gave us two wide players, and allowed us to also relegate our weakest player (Smith) to the bench in favour of playing Guthrie in his best position.

The fact is in 2009/10 we actually suffered from many of the same issues we have done this season. Notable weak spots in the starting XI, square pegs in round holes of the chosen system, which resulted in some extremely shitty and attritional football particularly away from home in order to grind out results.

If we had been able to sign players to relegate Gouffran and Colback out of the starting line-up, and re-balance the side along with an injection of quality, it would have resulted in a far more comfortable second half of the season. Similarly to Hughton in 09/10, Rafa would probably have then been a lot more confident in thinking we had enough to outplay the opposition, rather than needing to compensate our weaknesses and grind out results.