Sheffield Wed 2 - 1 Newcastle United - Post-match kneejerk bukkake from p. 22

Kaizero

Brighton fans on their forum have been staring for quite some time how badly they've played and how lucky they've been. People on here seem to think they play like the 1970 Brazil team.

They'll get battered next season. They're awful.

Awful is a bit harsh mind

Brighton fans on their forum have been staring for quite some time how badly they've played and how lucky they've been. People on here seem to think they play like the 1970 Brazil team.

They'll get battered next season. They're awful.

Awful is a bit harsh mind

Let's see next season. They've only got two players who are premiership quality. Dunk and Knockaert. And that's me being generous given Dunks's never played at that level and Knockaert's been playing against cloggers for the last two years.

Bruno is near enough 37 and starts every week and Glenn Murray makes Darly Murphy look like an Olympic Sprinter :lol:.

We are going to be one of the worst teams to get promoted for a long time.

That's also a load of bollocks.

In terms of style of football it isn't, we're boring and f***ing awful to watch but managed to win games by scoring quite a few. Baffling to be honest how we managed it with the way we set up.

Love to know how you could possibly know. How much of the recent promoted teams have you watched? All played scintillating football, did they?

Lots, and we are f***ing awful to watch. How can you even defend it, you're eyes don't lie do they.

Sure you did. All those championship games over the last 10 years of each of the promoted teams that you've watched..

I watched tons, i actually did and do. It's all i really do, watch football. Any country anything that's on, football is always on no matter what. And none of that changes the fact we are f***ing terrible to watch. Face the truth, we are f***ing awful to watch.

Attack me if you like, might want to turn that on the manager,  players and coaching staff after watching that shower of utter s*** we just put up with.

There haven't even been enough games on TV in recent years of the promoted teams for you to make a reasonable assessment. Looking at the goals we have scored this season and comparing it to past seasons, I struggle to believe we have been one of worst teams in recent years..

You need to separate awful teams from awful play. We aren't an awful team per se, we do though play awful football a lot of the time (especially since x-mas time, when the club screwed him over not buying, maybe the two are connected to be fair) That's my point about it, despite the goals scored.

They're in a better position at this moment to stay up than us next season, they have an identity and have played together for a while now. We need a massive injection of quality.

They're in a better position at this moment to stay up than us next season, they have an identity and have played together for a while now. We need a massive injection of quality.

They'll get found out next season. They may start ok off the back of this seasons momentum but when that runs out they'll sink like a stone and Hughton will be fucked off down the road just like he was at Norwich.

Ritchie barely had a kick, then I read in the pre-match thread that he got crocked in the warm up. Got a nasty one during the early stages as well, so probably understandable.

Ritchie barely had a kick, then I read in the pre-match thread that he got crocked in the warm up. Got a nasty one during the early stages as well, so probably understandable.

Gayle kneed him in the hamstring by mistake, I expect his leg stiffened up because he had no change of pace tonight.

Our 4th away defeat of the season and everyone is absolutely fuming. :lol:

I am really fucked off tbh. I want to win the league. Make no bones about it. Can't see Brighton dropping many (if any) points from here on in as they've got momentum and relatively easy fixtures.

Utter s***.

Could easily have been 2 or three down by half time.

At least play offs are are a cert. Hard to even consider that he's spent a f***ing fortune on that squad and they can look so s***.

How many of his signing were shit today?  I would say one, Diame.

Guest ElCid

Seems just about every single game Rafa has been annoyed with how the team have controlled the game. One thing is for sure need a major overhaul in the summer if this team is to progress otherwise can see nothing but a season long struggle ahead. Will that overhaul happen and will Rafa still be here I'm not convinced as January demonstrated some worrying signs and a return to form from those running the club.

Going up as champions would be nice, but all of us would have taken 2nd place at the start of the season - and we still would. It's all about promotion first and fore-most.

Too many poor performances tonight, bar Shelvey and Darlow. I'm not sure whether it's tiredness, a lack of mental toughness or loss of form. Perhaps it's a bit of all three? We all know the squad needs a complete over-haul in the summer. Rafa will know this, but will Ashley back him. That's the million dollar question.

I'll be very pleasantly surprised if Rafa is still here, come August. Never under-estimate the ability of Mike Ashley's Newcastle United to shoot itself in the foot.

I must be in the minority in wanting us to win the league. I will be gutted if we finish second tbh! :lol:

I think everyone wants to win the league, but it's simply not the priority. Certainly not at the moment anyway.

I've said for a while that I think Brighton are the best team in the league, they play better football and are a more cohesive side. But in many respects they should be. They've got stable, continued management, a settled squad and were coming off a very good season last time out. Basically the complete opposite to us. Finishing second to them would be disappointing, but not a disaster.

I must be in the minority in wanting us to win the league. I will be gutted if we finish second tbh! :lol:

I think everyone wants to win the league, but it's simply not the priority. Certainly not at the moment anyway.

I've said for a while that I think Brighton are the best team in the league, they play better football and are a more cohesive side. But in many respects they should be. They've got stable, continued management, a settled squad and were coming off a very good season last time out. Basically the complete opposite to us. Finishing second to them would be disappointing, but not a disaster.

Correct, Dave.

Nothing but faith in the Rafaman. Dread to think how this will turn out come the summer.

Stuttering to a second place finish is unacceptable in my book like. I get that the main objective is promotion, but we've been very uninspiring and I think it's an important factor going forward. Having to repeatedly grind out victories against the likes of Wigan is not good enough, and it really doesn't bode well for the future. We look uninterested and it needs to change. And as mediocre as the squad may be, I still believe were performing less than the sum of our parts.

Stuttering to a second place finish is unacceptable in my book like. I get that the main objective is promotion, but we've been very uninspiring and I think it's an important factor going forward. Having to repeatedly grind out victories against the likes of Wigan is not good enough, and it really doesn't bode well for the future. We look uninterested and it needs to change. And as mediocre as the squad may be, I still believe were performing less than the sum of our parts.

Touché.