Newcastle United 1 - 1 Leeds United - 14/04/17 - Post-match deflation from pg 26

Dave

Leeds offered absolutely nothing like.

People are overlooking this.  They came to defend and that made us look better than we are.

I reckon Monk could have got 3 points if he'd been a little braver.

Eh? Isn't that the reason for many complaints this season, that we can't break defensive teams down?

Yeah, we scored 1 tonight.

Also, we looked better tonight cos a "good" team sat off us and gave us the ball.

So we dominate a game, but thats only down to the opposition sitting off?  :lol:

Poor finishing is costing us badly and it has been for this calendar year at home.

For once you are right in general, but it was more a case of rank bad luck more than anything tonight on another evening we would have won that at a canter.

I've come to hate every single ref in this division. All of them seem to have some point to prove against us. While Huddersfield and Brighton seem to be getting decisions 24/7.

Aye. Said it during the game, but there's no fucking way Huddersfield or Brighton don't get that penalty. It's so blatant, Mbemba scores if he doesn't get pulled back.

We were great, just didn't take our chances. Don't think I've seen us create as many in one game this season. We forced them back by the way, made them nervous by pressing them, forcing them into errors, it was great, but why couldnt we do that against the likes of Blackburn?

Hope to fuck we win on Monday.

People are overlooking this.  They came to defend and that made us look better than we are.

Eh? Isn't that the reason for many complaints this season, that we can't break defensive teams down?

Also, we looked better tonight cos a "good" team sat off us and gave us the ball.

So we dominate a game, but thats only down to the opposition sitting off?  :lol:

Yes.  They gave us the territory throughout the second half.  Makes us look better than we actually are.  There were no improvements in our performance today.  I expect a similar struggle and poor result, or sneaked victory, on Monday.

Poor finishing is costing us badly and it has been for this calendar year at home.

:thup: ref, five mins, whatever wouldn't have mattered had we put away our chances.

For all it was a good performance, good performances mean jackshit if you can't turn them into victories. Should have enough points now to hobble over the line. Needed investment in January ultimately not much else Rafa could've done tonight really, criticism of him this evening is utterly bizarre.

Yes.  They gave us the territory throughout the second half.  Makes us look better than we actually are. There were no improvements in our performance today. I expect a similar struggle and poor result, or sneaked victory, on Monday.

What? Just what? :lol:

Yes.  They gave us the territory throughout the second half.  Makes us look better than we actually are.  There were no improvements in our performance today.  I expect a similar struggle and poor result, or sneaked victory, on Monday.

If that's genuinely what you think after that performance, then I am pleased I don't have to live with your head.

Don't know how we didn't win that.  Shape felt lost when Collback came on - I truly believe if we'd just got a replacement for him we'd be champions by now.  We've really missed Hayden - was excellent.

If we play like that for the rest of the season we'll go up.

Don't know how we didn't win that.  Shape felt lost when Collback came on - I truly believe if we'd just got a replacement for him we'd be champions by now.

There is no question that this is true :thup:

All this blame goes on Ashley.

Was that daft fat cunt who ran on in injury time one of ours or a Leeds fan? Pushed a Leeds player but was trying to fight off the stewards to get at people in the Gallowgate after.

Was spitting at some of wor lot, according to a mate of mine who was sat close by. :rant:

Was that daft fat c*** who ran on in injury time one of ours or a Leeds fan? Pushed a Leeds player but was trying to fight off the stewards to get at people in the Gallowgate after.

Was spitting at some of wor lot, according to a mate of mine who was sat close by. :rant:

Leeds apparently,  fuck knows how he got down to the pitch.