Newcastle United 4 - 1 Preston North End - 24/04/17 - Promotion party from pg33

Greg

Guest reefatoon

Went with a few lads from uni. One of them is from Northern Ireland and came along because he thought he had to after spending 3 years here. He is a massive Rugby fan and said to me ahead of the game that he has no intentions of becoming a fan. In the first half he blasted Anita for leaving his man time and time again, and having a go at the sideways passing instead of pushing forward. In the 2nd half he stood up all the way through, and was jumping and hugging people when we scored the 3rd and 4th.

This is probably the most beautiful story to come out of our push for promotion.

Ah man, The Animals,  "We Gotta Get Out of This Place" over the closing titles... The greatest band to come from the North East...I'm getting quite emotional here  :aww:

Is it not "Just got to get out of this place"

Petty I know but I've been so pissed off recently with "We love Newcastle...we do" It's "We love you Newcastle....we do " you clems!.

Here Here.

Loved the game last night - I hung around for a longer than normal at the end just to take in the good vibes before we're back to the harder struggle of the Premier League. Watching Rafa strut around the pitch shaking everyone's hand and the crowd loving him was an incredible experience.

I thought the atmosphere was weird last night though. It was incredibly subdued in the build up and then after they scored two thirds of the stadium moaned at every slow or backwards pass - I was pleased we scored late after loads of people pissed off on 40 minutes or so. That corner does a brilliant job getting behind the team and trying to create an atmosphere - I wonder if it would be worth trying to expand that section by relocating people wanting to make noise? There must be loads of people wanting to get over to that side of the ground.

Chuffed that we strolled to the win! I thought Perez had a very good second half, it was good to see him commiting players again. We've massively missed those driving runs from Hayden too.

I think last night was just clear evidence as to the nerves that have been on and off the pitch this season.

At 1-0 and 1-1, the players and crowd were quite clearly nervous. The stop/start play, poor passes, poor touches, atmosphereless stadium. I think it goes a long way to explain our poor performances at the end of the season, the players/supporters know just how important it is to return at the first time of asking.

As soon as we went 3-1 up, the pressure disappeared, the stadium was at it's noisiest and we started to play some of the best football we have all season.

Anyway, fantastic night - great performance in the end and HAPPY PROMOTION EVERYONE!

I think last night was just clear evidence as to the nerves that have been on and off the pitch this season.

At 1-0 and 1-1, the players and crowd were quite clearly nervous. The stop/start play, poor passes, poor touches, atmosphereless stadium. I think it goes a long way to explain our poor performances at the end of the season, the players/supporters know just how important it is to return at the first time of asking.

As soon as we went 3-1 up, the pressure disappeared, the stadium was at it's noisiest and we started to play some of the best football we have all season.

Anyway, fantastic night - great performance in the end and HAPPY PROMOTION EVERYONE!

Yep, I noticed that too. Felt so much more relaxed which allowed the players to show what they can do.

Colback was pretty good when he came on! Cracking pass into the box at one point.

Clark lost his man badly for their goal.

God knows what Anita was doing all night.

Hayden was very good.

Agree that Colback looked decent when he came on. I guess he can let out his inner Pirlo when we're winning by 3 goals. I'll go on record and say that I'd gladly see Colback in the XI when we're winning by 3 or more.

Being 3-1 up at home against 10 men is always going to be pretty easy like :lol:

Guest neesy111

Being 3-1 up at home against 10 men is always going to be pretty easy like :lol:

We did try to even it up with Colback on the pitch mind. :lol:

We did try to even it up with Colback on the pitch mind. :lol:

I dunno, he brings out the best in Shelvey, like.

Our crowd is dreadful today. The constant groaning is pathetic.

Duno if can go to another match the amount of moaners and groaners in the Gallowgate is ridiculous, get behind the fucking team man. Was like sitting near the poster Beautiful day for 90 minutes thought the bloke was a one off. Need sit Strawberry corner sounded canny. 

Just finished watching the match. Happy days.  :lol:

Alreet there likely lad? Did you know we were up before watching the recording?

:lol: no. But didn't feel anxious at all, grog and nibbles all nicely laid out, feet up an sit back and enjoy. Then they scored... Then we were playing shite, then the crowd was like a contagion spreading anxiety through the power of angst ridden moans... Then it was back to plan A.

All things considered, a lovely quiet celebration and reflection on the season (and the dark years before). Bet your sorry you asked now!! Though thank you anyway.  O0

Rafa said in his post match interview iirc that he got soaked with champagne as well and he had to change suit or something like that. :lol: Was hoping that was in that video.

Loving finally having a team of players who I don't hate any of. (ginge aside, of course)  :smitten:

That part when Mitro was jumping all over ginger Jack. Was hoping Mitro would snap him into half. The players kept their cool celebrating on the pitch and completely let it out in the dressing room. Great to see.

:smitten: