Newcastle United lose Judicial Review against HMRC

ChrisMcQuillan

Guest chopey

I think the fact that the entire HRMC organisation only has one working telephone is the cause of most of the problems.

HMRC once tried to take the vast majority of my pay after giving me the wrong tax code that said my main source of income was actually a second job, however a quick phone call rectified the issue. I can see why people are drawing comparisons between them and murderous Sicilian crime families.

:lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

If anything, HMRC are the ones getting robbed. Its big business that is the mafia, not them. I've never as an employer or a business ever had a problem with them. Mind I have a great accountant!

Just as you expect HMRC to recoup all they are owed you should also expect the HMRC to get their tax figures right and be transparent for it.

Sadly this is not the case, HMRC actually owe millions in tax and NI to our NHS health professionals who trained to become a different type, e.g nurses who trained to be a midwife.

When my wife found out about it she had to jump through several difficult hoops and wait about a year to receive the £11k she was owed. Meanwhile it continues to be hushed up all around.

If anything, HMRC are the ones getting robbed. Its big business that is the mafia, not them. I've never as an employer or a business ever had a problem with them. Mind I have a great accountant!

Bit of both. HMRC will find it easier to go after smaller businesses  and individuals less able to defend themselves. What happened yesterday was probably legit but also PR.

Guest Howaythetoon

The biggest enemy to HMRC is a clued up accountant and a savvy businessman. The bigger the business, the better the accountant.

Ba's current agent, Madou Diene, told The Sun: "I've had no contact with any official yet. I'm clean."
:lol: Strange how sometimes immediately professing your innocence makes you sound shadier.

Ba's current agent, Madou Diene, told The Sun: "I've had no contact with any official yet. I'm clean."
:lol: Strange how sometimes immediately professing your innocence makes you sound shadier.

:lol: There was a similar quote from Graham Carr yesterday, something along the lines of "I haven't been arrested so I'm obviously fine"

Doesn't sound like you have, but you definitely have paperwork relevant to the investigation.

It did sound like someone at HMRC laid out two options and they went with #2 :lol:

1) go the slower route of requesting all documentation through formal channels, run the risk of someone in the org being in on it and tampering/destroying evidence

2) surprise raid the offices at dawn

Guest Open_C

Arresting someone who is not under suspicion, fucking cunts.

..unless he said "fuck you, I'm saying nowt" in which case he left them with no option