Newcastle United vs Barnsley - 07/05/2017 @ 12:00 - No TV

Unreal that this isn't on tv. The whole point of playing in a league is to win it yet they aren't showing the two teams who have a chance of winning it. Ridiculous!

The aim of the Championship is promotion to the Premier League, not to go up as champions (of course it's an added bonus). We are both promoted so taking our black and white tinted glasses off I'd say it's not actually that crazy to not be live on TV.

Sky will see the relegation battle as three "Premier League greats" (well two, not so much Birmingham) battling to stay up. Relegation could cripple them. Makes sense imo and if I were a neutral I'd rather watch a battle for something that means a lot.

Unreal that this isn't on tv. The whole point of playing in a league is to win it yet they aren't showing the two teams who have a chance of winning it. Ridiculous!

It's effectively the battle for 21st and 22nd in English football, in a couple of days / weeks most won't really care, whereas relegation for any of those 3 big clubs will be devastating so it is 100% the correct decision to focus on the relegation battle. Had we have been 1 point clear of Huddersfield (or behind) in the race for 2nd then of course both would have been shown, but this is largely insignificant, especially to fans outside of Newcastle and Brighton.

We've been shown 19 times this season and even if we were guaranteed to finish exactly 1st or 2nd then there would still be a demand to see our game due to the size of our fanbase and Sky could easily have shown us for ratings, but they've gone for the games which they think will be most relevant to the neutrals.

I'd like to see our game and hope we win the title but they have definitely gone for the much more significant games.

It's effectively the battle for 21st and 22nd in English football, in a couple of days / weeks most won't really care, whereas relegation for any of those 3 big clubs will be devastating so it is 100% the correct decision to focus on the relegation battle. Had we have been 1 point clear of Huddersfield (or behind) in the race for 2nd then of course both would have been shown, but this is largely insignificant, especially to fans outside of Newcastle and Brighton.

We've been shown 19 times this season and even if we were guaranteed to finish exactly 1st or 2nd then there would still be a demand to see our game due to the size of our fanbase and Sky could easily have shown us for ratings, but they've gone for the games which they think will be most relevant to the neutrals.

I'd like to see our game and hope we win the title but they have definitely gone for the much more significant games.

Can't help but agree with every word, if it wasn't NUFC involved at the top I wouldn't give two fucks.

Guest neesy111

Spot on.

Agree with the majority on here. If I were a neutral I'd be more bothered about who gets relegated than in which order the 2 automatically promoted teams go up in.

Absolutely, Brighton & Us are the only ones who give a fuck.

Guest neesy111

Is Anderson retiring?  Or is it that most of us won't have to listen to him next season with the better coverage of the PL worldwide?

Is Anderson retiring?  Or is it that most of us won't have to listen to him next season with the better coverage of the PL worldwide?

Will still have to endure in the cups probably.

Villa have loads of injuries  :'(

Forget about them. And Brighton.

Sunday is just about NUFC and giving support to the team and especially Rafa. We'll win and celebrate promotion.