Moment of the season 16/17

Heron

I know the moment I knew we were going up was when the Preston Player dived and saved the shot to give us that penalty.

Was surreal that save like.

I know the moment I knew we were going up was when the Preston Player dived and saved the shot to give us that penalty.

Was surreal that save like.

literally thought it was going to be ignored again :lol:

in fact the ref blowing for us, finally convinced me all the attempts to stop us had failed.

The fact I went to four games this season (1-0, 2-0, 3-0, 4-1 :coolsmiley: ) after three-and-a-half years away is the thing I'll take away from this one. I genuinely feared that it would be years and years before I went back to St James'.

They were all class as well: Brighton when Lascelles and Shelvey scored was mint - felt like a real early stamp of authority after a shaky start, plus I took my lass for the first time and we had a right lovely day in the Toon with Tom Hardy and his child. Ipswich was a bit of a non-event but it was Lockwood Cup day, the win was comfortable and I got to see the goal of the season. Derby felt massive after the uncertainty of the transfer window and the whole thing threatening to implode; plus I went with me Dad, who'd not seen us win for ten years and it was great. Then Preston, obviously, was mint.

Picked em well this year. Can't wait for those to follow. HTL. :D

In the league away from home I've seen a 0-6, 0-1, 0-2, 1-2, 1-2 and a 0-2. 6 wins from 6, 15 goals, 2 conceded :lol:

Tempered a bit by the Oxford and Hull debacles like, but still, going to games this year has genuinely been rewarding if not always blisteringly exciting.

Norwich (h) celebrations. They seemed so much more wild because there were so many people out of their seats. Concourses absolutely packed with people. "Scenes"

This was a canny good one anarl.

Yes I am....

At the end of the season My judgement will be proved correct. We'll still be in this league.

:lol:

Awful? How come? We are fucking 5th in a league we should be dominating. Recruitment has been terrible with the players bought, sub standard. Most critically Rafa didn't sign the centre forward we needed. Loaned out our best GK and replaced him with an absolute clown of a player. Perseveres with his negative tactics and mindless rotation of players. If we were in this position with any other manager we'd be calling for change. see ya in May ????

Aye, that useless striker Rafa signed only ended up with 22 goals.

What a fucking clown. :lol:

Aye. Beating those absolute fuckwallops at their own ground after telling us they were the best team in the league was fantastic.

Shame after those 2 results we went through a rough patch though.

This was a canny good one anarl.

Yes I am....

At the end of the season My judgement will be proved correct. We'll still be in this league.

:lol:

Awful? How come? We are f***ing 5th in a league we should be dominating. Recruitment has been terrible with the players bought, sub standard. Most critically Rafa didn't sign the centre forward we needed. Loaned out our best GK and replaced him with an absolute clown of a player. Perseveres with his negative tactics and mindless rotation of players. If we were in this position with any other manager we'd be calling for change. see ya in May <span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_64.png);background-position:80% 25%;background-size:4100%"></span></span><span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_64.png);background-position:35% 85%;background-size:4100%"></span></span>

Aye, that useless striker Rafa signed only ended up with 22 goals.

What a f***ing clown. :lol:

This as well.  :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

Given Benitez record in the transfer market can anyone be surprised . Biggest resource in the league and we are making a f***ing pigs ear of promotion. Good on Ashley for stepping up and taking control of this mess.

Henri Lansbury's corner whipped in and it comes off Knockeart's face and trickles over the line to make it Villa 1-1 Brighton in the last minute of injury time. Meanwhile, at St James'Park, Jack Colback is on the breakaway for Newcastle on the counter attack from a Barnsley corner. He runs through on goal and is taken down inside the area by the Barnsley keeper. PENALTY NEWCASTLE!!! With no Matt Ritchie around to fight with, up steps Mitrovic. He smashes the penalty off the underside of the bar to make it 3-2 to Newcastle with the last kick of the season and possibly of his Newcastle career and win the Championship title for his club. He goes towards the Gallowgate stand, absolute tears up his Wonga shirt, proceeds to take the Rafa flag from the Gallowgate flags section and holds it up with the rest of the players.

Then gets a second yellow card for his celebration and bear hugs the s*** out of the ref.

Henri--all would be forgiven--Lansbury's 89th minute goal for Villa to equalise against Brighton, just seconds after Jack Colback scores his third and our 5th at home to Barnsley (increasing his sell on value significantly...).  :drool:

Henri Lansbury's corner whipped in and it comes off Knockeart's face and trickles over the line to make it Villa 1-1 Brighton in the last minute of injury time. Meanwhile, at St James'Park, Jack Colback is on the breakaway for Newcastle on the counter attack from a Barnsley corner. He runs through on goal and is taken down inside the area by the Barnsley keeper. PENALTY NEWCASTLE!!! With no Matt Ritchie around to fight with, up steps Mitrovic. He smashes the penalty off the underside of the bar to make it 3-2 to Newcastle with the last kick of the season and possibly of his Newcastle career and win the Championship title for his club. He goes towards the Gallowgate stand, absolute tears up his Wonga shirt, proceeds to take the Rafa flag from the Gallowgate flags section and holds it up with the rest of the players.

Then gets a second yellow card for his celebration and bear hugs the s*** out of the ref.

Funny to see similar fantasising  :lol:

About ten minutes to two on Sunday when it flashes up on the scoreboard that Brighton failed at Villa. Cue scenes of absolute f***ing bedlam. Believe!

really? i think you will be surprised at how un bedlam it will be  :hmm:

I would surprised, certainly.

Maybe not bedlam but decent all the same !!

About ten minutes to two on Sunday when it flashes up on the scoreboard that Brighton failed at Villa. Cue scenes of absolute f***ing bedlam. Believe!

really? i think you will be surprised at how un bedlam it will be  :hmm:

I would surprised, certainly.

quote author=Toondave link=topic=98718.msg6364087#msg6364087 date=1494176364]

Bedlamtastic. Just saying...  :lol: