Florian Lejeune (now playing for Rayo Vallecano)

sempuki

I don't think this mistakes would be tolerable without Lascelles being both in form and willing to sit a bit further back and be more out and out defender. Alongside another defender who wants to advance and play ball forwards a bit riskily would be asking for trouble. As it is there is a good balance developing, I'm fairly confident he will get better at judging his passing too.

Guest firetotheworks

I shouldn't have had to go to the second page to find this thread. He was excellent today.

Guest firetotheworks

He just needs to be careful with those snappy balls he plays into the forwards, because they're often cut out and teams break on us. That aside, I've been delighted with him.

He just needs to be careful with those snappy balls he plays into the forwards, because they're often cut out and teams break on us. That aside, I've been delighted with him.

One of the benefits of our defensive solidity is that he has the confidence to try them.

One of the benefits of our defensive solidity is that he has the confidence to try them.

Yep. He's made some mistakes with it so far but it's good to see him trying stuff. He'll improve.

Another masterstroke of a signing by Rafa, absolute bargain.

He didn't look it at first but he's absolutely one of the main reasons why our form has been so good recently.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

I was just gonna say that he went under the radar a bit because of how good Perez, Diame, Shelvey, and Ritchie were today, but I thought Lejeune was excellent. Him and Lascelles are a class partnership. No changes needed at all at centre back for me, they're good enough for the next step up.